Menu
yonder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renew contract before expiry resulted in extra charges - WHY?

You sound knowledgeable! My 18 mth contract expires at end of Jan. & I've just phoned 2 times over last week - and got almost no improved offer over the price rise I was notified about a few mths ago. (A rise from £48 to £63 rolling - and same for a new 18 mth contract). Are you saying I might do better if I waited till the end of Jan/contract expiry to try and negotiate a better price? Many thx for nay help or tips. (Despite all the negotiating advice on moneysavingexpert et al, both operators seemed totally inflexible).
0 Kudos
Nellie6752
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, no idea if better to wait or not but I went thru to the “thinking of leaving” department and they were happy to help. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't think there's any hard & fast rules here, to be fair.

Have you tried using the build a bundle page to get an idea on standard (ignore the "new customers price, you're not a new customer) pricing for the combination of servies you want? In exchange for an 18month re-contract, you may be able to pitch yourself in-between the new-customer & standard pricing.

Otherwise, I would suggest a read of Andruser's excellent post here - if you're not happy with whatever price you're being offered when you call to "renew", then it might come down to how much leg-work you're willing to put into serious shopping-around, and how strong your bargaining position is re alternative broadband providers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks