cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Price increase - when can I cancel?

gwendam203
Joining in

I would like to cancel  , I have not been able to get help over phone  Please advise    Gwenda Robinson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gwenda

If you try calling again it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

There's also a live messenger chat option on the right hand side when you open the page that unisoft linked to.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

See

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

The address is on there so you can just pop a recorded delivery letter into you local Post Office if you don't want to phone.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number.

If it's because of the 2023 price increase AND you are in contract, then mention you are using the Ofcom rule on contract exit without penalty because of price rise and ensure its received by them before 30 days of the dated letter or email sent by VM.

The forum staff can't process cancellations on here.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gwenda

If you try calling again it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

There's also a live messenger chat option on the right hand side when you open the page that unisoft linked to.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gwendam203,

Thanks for posting this on our forums, I am truly sorry to hear that you're wanting to cancel after receiving your Price Increase information. 

I have a link here which goes over all the different ways you can cancel your services 👉 Cancellations

I can see @newapollo & @unisoft have already given you lots of help with this too, thank you guys! 
Thanks,

Megan_L