cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Price increase - but I'm on a fixed contract for 18 months

Kaz61
Tuning in

Yes I have just signed a 18 month contract and have read a para which says it will increase every year in line with the retail price index.    I think I might query this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so, this clause is now standard with VM. Along with removal of the right to cancel off the back of it.

You now accept mid-term price rises as the norm.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so, this clause is now standard with VM. Along with removal of the right to cancel off the back of it.

You now accept mid-term price rises as the norm.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

machineghost
Rising star

Thanks I guess it feels weird to buy something with a fixed price that is not a fixed price—- I would have thought clear language matters whereas this seems designed to deceive…. My fixed mortgage is well … fixed

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi machineghost 👋

Apologies for the confusion with this. None of our packages are "fixed-price" packages. When taking a package out with us, the discount value is guaranteed and not the core package price. 

However, as with most providers now, your standard package rate will increase by the RPI announced in the preceding February of that year, plus 3.9%, or just 3.9% if a negative RPI is announced.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ