cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Out of Contract, Left for new provider, VM marked credit file.

jonathanperry2
Just joined

Hi  Molly

I have exactly the same issue as this former customer can you help  as this is costing me heavily.

Account number:
[REMOVED]

I was a former customer switching to another service earlier this year.  After closing the account my partner cancelled the direct debit before a final £32 payment which we were not informed about was added - we had never missed a single payment over the years.  This 'missed payment' turned up on my and my wife's credit account following no notifications and I rang up and paid the outside of contract cost without argument and was informed that the credit mark would be removed.

Some months later the mark is still there  and is costing me hundreds of pounds per month in interest charges due to your incompetence.  As we are due to renew our mortgage this £32 charge is now likely to cost us thousands. We did not receive a single letter requesting payment.  

You need to sort this out now and it would  be refreshing to see some recognition of the idiocy of your policies and they cause families at this difficult time. 

So I need to know 
1.  At what point this week you will  have removed all the credit file marks as promised in my call a few months ago.
2.  This has cost us thousands - I would like to have an official complaint raised

Also Clearly this isn't just me  - I found this on your forums
Word of warning for anyone considering using VM for ANYTHING. You will pay your bills on time for about 7 years, never miss a payment - then when they leave, they will RUIN your credit score by marking late payments and defaults on your account with no prior warning at all.14 Feb 2023

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]
2 REPLIES 2

jonathanperry2
Just joined

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Credit File reporting team.

This is an automated response to confirm receipt of your email; it has been allocated to our team to investigate.

We will get back to you within the next 21 days.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

21 days is not acceptable 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonathanperry2 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of you not receiving your final bill and any inconvenience this may have led to.  I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R