Menu
flip131
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer offers VS Existing customer offers are ridiculous

If the only thing left for us to do is leave VM then for those of us that cannot get the same internet speed from anyone else then we are tied to this service. The fastest BT service I can get is 18mb and they have said to me that this will not change any time soon. Maybe VM understand this and don't need to reward loyalty.

By the way Virgin if you reward new customers more than existing (LOYAL) ones then that is no reward, just a reminder of how little we matter to you!!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM are a business that will do whatever makes them the most money.
There is no such thing as loyalty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
flip131
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m glad to be informed that VM is a business I wasn’t quite sure. It is however short sighted to assume the bottom line as the only reason to do business. We are in unprecedented times and while VM increase their bills I’m sure customers will wait for their moment to move on. 

0 Kudos
hswilson
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's annoying to see these amazing deals, prices, free TV's...when your bill just keeps on creeping up... but there's a bit of a maths exercise here depending on a figure (which Virgin are under no obligation to share with us), but which might actually help appease us... the number of Existing (full price) customers to New (promo price) customers.

If we assume a Existing Customer price of £100 per month and a New Customer promo price of £33....

If there is one new customer for every existing customer, then yeah, £33.50 of your £100 each month is subsidising the new guy. But I suspect (because myself and everyone I know on Virgin shares this same sucky position) is that there is actually more than one sucker, sorry Existing Customer, per New Customer.

If there is 6 Existing Customers for every New Customer in the price scenario above, less than £10 of your £100 is funding the new guy.If that rises to 13 Existing to New would be less than £5... Sure, charging everyone £95 would be the 'fair' thing to do... but a saving of £5 is unlikely to get someone to switch from Sky. Now I've no way of knowing what the real figure is and this seems high, however, if there's 67 or more Existing customers for every New customer, then less than £1 of your £100 is allowing them the ability to 'poach' new customers with their £33 a month deal.

The way to make Virgin take notice, would be for *everyone* to leave at the end of their promotion.... but..whilst unlikely anyway.. (I for one CBA switching every year).. the outcome of that, based on the 13:1 ratio above, would be that over time everyone would be charged £95, which is not the amazing saving we all hope for. If everyone was on the £33 promotional prices... VM would be out of business pretty quickly. I'd like to say 'good riddance', but the truth is nobody in this area can supply the same level of service they do, unfortunately. I'm on the brink of trying some otheres again, but I suspect I'll be back.

Where they *DO* miss a trick, however, is little perks for your loyalty.. I've seen a speed upgrade once in my many years of tenure... but if they regularly dropped in a "Hi, you've stuck with us for another year outside your contract... to say thanks here's our upgraded box... or hub... or we've tagged an extra 100Mb/s onto your speed" that would be appreciated, and probably at very little real cost to them. My equipment is pretty old now, but any attempts to get them refreshed seems to involve 'one off fees' or increased monthly fees to upgrade.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

maybe maybe not. If you assume that 80% of new customers stay for 3 years then the new customers pay for themselves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos