Menu
R3db3ard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty Discount not applying

I've got the same issue.

Customer loyalty offer for Big Bundle for £3 extra a month (taking it to £32 a month) but when I come to check out it's gone up to £55 a month!

I messaged the team on the message app but they said it was an error and wouldn't honour it. I took screenshots but coulsn't upload them through the message app.

I was referred to the customer care team on the app but as of two hours later they still haven't answered.

Currently hanging on the phone to try to speak to someone but that's been over 20 mins already.

Pretty much false advertising this isn;t it? Enticing people in with an offer and then changing the terms. I've wasted so much time on this today.

yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes, i wasnt impressed by it - im working tonight so can't call. I hope you get a good result when you finally get through!

all the best

steve

R3db3ard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've given up

Was on the phone for 30 mins without an answer to the 'I want to leave VM' department

I've submitted a complaints form via the website so I'll see what that will do but they really should honour it.

yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

good luck, im hopeful they will considering every day so far its been there as an offer for me - just seems to be a bug that isnt applying the loyalty discount.

i'll let you know how i get on 

steve

R3db3ard
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate, likewise

R3db3ard
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So I ended up getting through to Virgin and was eventually put through to retentions

They refused to honour the ‘customer loyalty’ offer and said, ridiculously, that the offer was a new customer offer and they wouldn’t give it to me. Despite it clearly being labelled as a  personalised ‘customer loyalty’ offer which by its very nature is definitely not for new customers. 

This is very bad practice by Virgin Media and is false advertising. As well as being morally and ethically wrong. 

People could be lured in by this offer and could end up paying double what the offer is for if they didn’t spot how the price changes when you go to check out. There’s a lot of vulnerable people out there due to the current COVID situation and it’s the sort of thing my elderly mother could easily fall for. 

BBC Watchdog and Money Saving Expert are going to be very interested in this. I’m sure Trading Standards and the Ombudsman will be too. 

You cannot offer customers a personalised customer loyalty offer at one price and then refuse to honour it. 

Abysmal from Virgin Media this. 

yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Doesnt really make much sense that does it, the discount is a "loyalty bonus" so how can it be for new customers.

I agree its not great at all, might be worth complaining - on a complaints page here it also gives the CEO email

[Mod edit: REMOVED]

I wasnt too bothered about getting a tv bundle as I dont really watch much, but for the price it seemed a good deal, so its disappointing they arent willing to honour it.

0 Kudos
R3db3ard
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the ceo email address. I’ll be using that. 

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense at all. Think Virgin have a lost perspective here and have got this one wrong. If they sit back and reflect on it I think they’ll realise that.

Im sure the CEO will.