cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just renewed contract and BT/TNT sports no longer active despite being on included package list.

lsarcher
On our wavelength

I've just been mis-sold a contract and having a nightmare getting it rectified. I was assured multiple times by the Virgin Representative that my new contract included all my existing services.....they lied, I lost all UHD content and TNT sports. Absolutely fuming and customer service have been atrocious resolving it. Virgin customer service has got worse and worse, after 13 years I'll finally be cancelling......

20 REPLIES 20

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey lsarcher,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your package at the moment, I have looked into this and can see that the team are working on getting this resolved and the team are due to call you back today with an update on the issues. Please let us know, if your call back doesn't go ahead and we can investigate that.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

lsarcher
On our wavelength

Rang back myself this morning and managed to get through to someone this time who could help. Problem is not resolved yet though but at least made some progress....and wasn't on the phone for 3 hours going round in circles.......

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably yet another training issue where CS staff have not been briefed properly about the new TV packages.

Mega TV, which replaces Maxit TV, no longer has TNT Sports included as standard, so it has to be set up as an add-on.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lsarcher
On our wavelength

An expensive add on!

Samcro76
Joining in

Simular thing has happened to me, I upgraded to add sky sports a couple of days ago, and I have lost tnt sports. I specifically said I wanted to keep tnt as it was the only channel I watched on virgin. Suppose I will start the long stressful process of contacting virgin customer service.

Hi Samcro76,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the package change. 

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Kracker
On our wavelength

Exactly the same thing has happened to me today, I called up to renew my contract which is due to end beginning of next month. I agreed a new price with the agent to keep my exact same services and specifically said I wanted to keep TNT Sports and she said it was included in my new contract.  When I received the paperwork there was no mention of TNT Sports so I called back to check and another agent confirmed that I would still have TNT, I asked him to email me confirming that but he said he was unable to but that it was all in my notes so if I had any issues the agents would know what had been agreed. But half hour later I put the tv on to find that TNT had gone. When I called back again the next agent I got just said I would have to pay extra to have it added back on and that the previous agent should not have offered me what they had. I have now got them to put it back the way it was and gave my 30 day notice to leave at end of month.

Hi Kracker,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm so sorry for all the confusion and issues you've had when changing your package, it's not the level of service we aim to deliver at all.

To clarify, we have removed TNT Sports from the Maxit TV package, however this should have been explained to you at the point of sale. in the email you received, are you directed to or able to see a link to what channels are included in your package?

It's a shame to here you've now decided to cancel your services. If you do change your mind, we'll be here if you need anything.

Beth

Kracker
On our wavelength

Good morning Beth, when I discussed my new contract with the agent I specifically stated I wanted to keep TNT Sports and she confirmed it would be part of my new package but the details she sent me did not include it so I called back and pointed this out but the second agent also confirmed it would be included and the new contract would start when the current one ended but they then proceeded to start the new contract straight away without TNT Sports. 
The third agent then told me there was no record of me asking for TNT Sports even though the second agent said he would put it in my notes in case I had any issues (obviously knew there would be issues!) he then told me I would have to pay extra to get it back. So I was basically made out to be a liar and I had no way of proving otherwise because agent refused to email me confirming what they promised. 

Regards.