Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is this a record? Over 24 hours on whatsApp to virgin media

fushionjulz
On our wavelength

<quote>

Thanks for your response @fushionjulz.

Have the team got back to you yet on WhatsApp?

</quote>

Well...no, no response whatsoever from customer services.
However, given that the price increase was from 2nd March and I wasn't prepared to pay that and, indeed, wanted a better deal on my already overpriced package, I wrote a recorded delivery message to the CEO, copied by email and to CISAS. I also wrote a separate recorded delivery message to cancel my service with the required 30 day notice.

Perhaps, unsurprisingly, I got an email acknowledgement of my email and a complaint opened (even though I wasn't actually registering a complaint) within a few hours and a phone call from "the Executive Team" less than 48hrs later and the day after my letter was signed for.

Unfortunately, the Executive couldn't or wouldn't offer a better price...even though a new customer would have got a better deal...and I explained that I had already signed with a new provider...so only that deal (£23.95 for 100MB and phone plus £100 credit plus a compensation to cover the cost of the up-front payment to the new supplier) would tempt me to reconsider.Basically he apologised for poor service and for the poor deals/high price, but wasn't prepared to retain me as a customer.

23 REPLIES 23

fushionjulz
On our wavelength

Yep...this forum is broken...

1) the "keep me signed in" doesn't work
2) the survey pop-up comes up and no matter what you do it ALWAYS comes back.
3) if you try and leave a survey answer it doesn't accept it OR it tells you you have already completed the survey
4) the browser back buttons don't work and you have to return to Top and Menu each time to read a new topic

I reported this to the executive office as an example of poor IT skills in an (allegedly) IT services company....they weren't interested!

fushionjulz
On our wavelength

I appreciate you are trying to be helpful, Lee, but the horse has well and truly bolted...Workmen are coming to remove the stable door next week!

Had (any of) your colleagues been half as keen to provide some service to a long-standing customer I wouldn't be in the position I now find myself in and Virgin Media would have one more customer!

I understand fushionjulz and I am sorry it has come to this.

If you've received your notification that your account is closing then I don't need to take a look on your behalf.  I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Kind regards

Lee

fushionjulz
On our wavelength

Nope, no (written) confirmation by any means...but the Executive office team gave me a date of March...which is 30 days after the signed for cancellation letter was received.
I am not expecting an mail/letter/text but I do fully expect that my services will end on that day and, given that my billing date is prior to then and I pay for a month in advance, I would expect no further bills after the one taken in Feb and a refund for the days between 6th and the 23rd (end of the billing period).