Menu
MAKESMESCREAM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

REMOVING PACKAGE

Can anyone please tell me how to remove a package online.  I call virgin - they say go online - I go online - I click to change package -  it takes me to upgrades - only options are to spend more money by upgrading.  I've contacted Virgin to complain.  I request call back - they don't call back - but I get an email to say problem resolved.  Resolution was "Education" which was advising me to go online and change package. My experience with virgin is like that song... there's a hole in my bucket.... it just goes round and round in circles.  PLEASE can anyone tell me exactly where I can click to REMOVE KIDS TV from my package. Where can I DOWNGRADE - It's probably really obvious but I just can't see it and Virgin keep taking my money. Do people have to leave to downgrade?  Is it just a really badly designed website or it it a cunning plan by virgin to trap you and take your money? Surely it can't be the latter?  Please advise! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: REMOVING PACKAGE

Account downgrades can only be done by phone, they can often affect any discounts or promotions you have - and can incur a new 18month contract.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Choose the options for "adding and removing services"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MAKESMESCREAM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Unfortunately I’ve tried calling three times. I click through menu to change package and I’m advised the call wait time is up to one hour.... also advised to go online.. Another time I was asked if I wanted to request callback but was not called despite having phone in front of me all day. I did get any email to say they could not get through but had no missed messages. My phone number is correct. I can only presume they did not try hard enough. I have asked them to remove package for me. They have not. They have told me I can remove it online so I can only hope they are telling the truth. If anyone can tell where online (as per virgins helpful instruction and advise) I can  click to subtract this add on package online I would be very grateful. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can try using the text message service (07533 051809) otherwise I'm afraid.... refer to previous answer 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MAKESMESCREAM
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ll try text. Not quite sure what to text but will send that number a text. Do appreciate you trying to help though but as I have said I have called three times so don’t see the point in trying that again as it just goes round and round like a hole in my bucket. I see others have had the sam issues. Virgin need to add simple downgrade option to website - or at least stop telling customer they can do online if they can’t actually do online. It’s frustrating and time wasting. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Makemescream,

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues reaching our team with your package changes, have you been able to reach them on our text service?

Zoie

0 Kudos