Menu
ColinG1802
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

REFER A FRIEND REWARD NOT RECEIVED

I referred a friend earlier this year who took up the offer and had VM installed (TV and broadband) using the refer a friend link I created.

However Aklamio (claim request 261782) have advised as follows:

Unfortunately, I can not find any indication that the Virgin Media agent, on the phone, has applied your referral code correctly to your Aklamio user accounts.

This means that rewards that weren't automatically recorded cannot lead to further investigations.
I can only direct you to Virgin Media, hope they can offer you a solution.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us 

We apologise for the inconveniences.

I contacted VM using the link above on or around 14th/16th June with all the details, but as yet no reply received.

At this point I am reluctant to refer any other friends as the system/process appears to be flawed.

Any advice on how I can proceed in getting VM to investigate and reply (hopefully confirming issue now resolved) would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: REFER A FRIEND REWARD NOT RECEIVED

Hi @ColinG1802

I've checked the account and can't see any evidence of the referral, have you not received any communication to your email confirming the referral?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ColinG1802
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In short, the answer is no.

The installation was arranged by my friend on phone with agent (name of Ryan) after completing initial application on-line.

-email address of referrer: [Removed]

-email address of friend: [Removed]

-order date: 19-JAN-2021

-referral link: PPAXHDZO

-purchase completed: 29-JAN-2021

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I see, with no evidence to the email or on the account unfortunately we will not be able to honour this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ColinG1802
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well that is as expected, why VM outsource this scheme is beyond me. I won't be recommending any more friends to VM, not worth the effort.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nothing to worry about it's just gone into someone's off shore slush account.

0 Kudos