cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFER A FRIEND REWARD NOT RECEIVED

ColinG1802
Tuning in

I referred a friend earlier this year who took up the offer and had VM installed (TV and broadband) using the refer a friend link I created.

However Aklamio (claim request 261782) have advised as follows:

Unfortunately, I can not find any indication that the Virgin Media agent, on the phone, has applied your referral code correctly to your Aklamio user accounts.

This means that rewards that weren't automatically recorded cannot lead to further investigations.
I can only direct you to Virgin Media, hope they can offer you a solution.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us 

We apologise for the inconveniences.

I contacted VM using the link above on or around 14th/16th June with all the details, but as yet no reply received.

At this point I am reluctant to refer any other friends as the system/process appears to be flawed.

Any advice on how I can proceed in getting VM to investigate and reply (hopefully confirming issue now resolved) would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nothing to worry about it's just gone into someone's off shore slush account.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ColinG1802

I've checked the account and can't see any evidence of the referral, have you not received any communication to your email confirming the referral?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In short, the answer is no.

The installation was arranged by my friend on phone with agent (name of Ryan) after completing initial application on-line.

-email address of referrer: [Removed]

-email address of friend: [Removed]

-order date: 19-JAN-2021

-referral link: PPAXHDZO

-purchase completed: 29-JAN-2021

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, with no evidence to the email or on the account unfortunately we will not be able to honour this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well that is as expected, why VM outsource this scheme is beyond me. I won't be recommending any more friends to VM, not worth the effort.

Nothing to worry about it's just gone into someone's off shore slush account.

Bazred
On our wavelength

I quite agree with you I referred a friend and have not received anything from virgin media.I think the trick is to make it as hard a possible to claim and many won’t bother. I am definitely going to look elsewhere when my contract ends.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Bazred,

I am sorry to see this.

Do you have evidence of the referral? 

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Wendy8888
Joining in

Since 23rd September last year i have had nothing but issues with virgin and aklamio.  Lie after lie from a gentleman from virgin,  sent back n forth , gone round in circles and im dizzy!

I referred my friend, referral number 1! And was eventually told by Aklamio the referral had not gone through automatically so it had to be done manually,  this happens now and then?

I have sent many emails and was always asked to provide lots of information about my friend,  i was always told that once i provided it the reward would be paid out but even when id got what i was asked for there was alway something else tgey wanted. I suffer serious mental health issues and all this is daunting to me,  its made me so so poorly. 8 months!!! I have been doing there job for them, i dont understand why they cannot pick up the phone and retrieve the information themselves.  Im fuming, worn out and my friend is very angry. Its false advertising in my eyes.and i expect tofor myself and my friend to be offered some kind of compensation/goodwill gesture.  Now i have more information to get unbelievable. 

Then i get this email today??? .........

It is true that you are waiting for your reward since September 2021. Nevertheless, your reward has not been automatically tracked and for this reason we created for you a Support request on the 14th February.

Please note that normally we have 3 months time to create such requests beginning from the order date. For your case, we decided to still offer you this possibility although the order has been placed 5 months earlier. 

This "3 months" rule is also due to the fact that after we register a reward manually on the account, the validation timing begins first after that registration and it can take up to 10 weeks (your reward has been registered on the 17th February 2021).

I understand that you won´t be happy with this reply and for this reason I will try to chaise it up with our partner Virgin Media, since we are waiting for the confirmation from their side. As an external company, we have no access to their contracts or 

As your reward is being processed for a relatively long time, we would like to help you resolve this request as soon as possible. In order to do so, please send us a proof of the referred order......

Order confirmation.

The Latest bill received (PDF document).

With these proofs, we have the guarantee that the recommendation has led to a valid transaction. In this case, we will pay the reward, so you don’t have to wait any longer.

It’s in our best interest for you to receive your reward, and we will do everything we can to make it happen.

Please send us the proof as an answer to this email. We will reply to you shortly after and as soon as we have checked the document, we will be able to process your reward.

Hi Wendy8888,

Thanks for posting and welcome to out community 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear of the experience you've had, and that you're still chasing the Refer a Friend reward.

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm