Menu
midge101
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Query regarding contract

I received a email regarding price increase.  Told me I can cancel by Sept 17th. So I am not  decided yet if I want to leave or not or just have broadband. I have checked my contract. It ends on the 4th of October. I have also a discount on it that ends April 2020.  So after the 4th October will the price stay as it is until April 2020. Do Virgin have to abide by that discount? Or will the price go up. Will my contract then go on a 30 rolling contract?

Any advise would be appreciated thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Query regarding contract

Your price will go up, the discount will continue and you’ll be on a rolling contract.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
midge101
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. On my contract it says I wont pay the increased price until after April 2020. They will have to adhere to that wont they?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@midge101 wrote:
Thanks. On my contract it says I wont pay the increased price until after April 2020. They will have to adhere to that wont they?

Contracts are fixed term not fixed price. This is why you have the right to cancel if prices increase within the minimum period. You will retain existing discount, but it will be discount against the new price, not the old.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
midge101
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . I will ring them up but cant get through today. Will give them a ring tomorrow.

0 Kudos