Menu
Bhav13
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: QUIDCO cashback

In the same boat, but not only was I informed via phone, l also have an email from Virgin Media team stating that any credit applied to my account would not affect my quidco cash back and have also screen shoots of similar conversations with Virgin media online chat teams for proof.

However, on the quidco website, my tracked virgin media purchase has been registered but when quidco have requested the cash back from the retailer (Virgin) it has been declined by the retailer (Virgin)

Having spoken to Quidco customer service they have informed me that Virgin the retailer have declined on there end. Yet when speaking to Virgin about the above, they want to take no ownership and say it has to be taken up with Quidco.

As a result, customers are being played about by both organisations and left making phone calls after phones calls and getting no where as each company is blaming the other and non taking responsibility and sorting off the issue and paying customers there Cash back.

It's appears a number of customers have and are expriencing the same issues/scam

If the above is not resolved, I will be bringing it to the attendtion of watch dogs and trading standards.
sparry71
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I think you are right. It's not like we are spending pennies. We are talking spending over £1000 a year with these full contracts. A discount was offered by BOTH parties. And it is what makes you pick one service provider over another. And it seems they fob you off until just after the cooling off period and then play the blame game. I feel totally scammed by Virgin and quidco at the moment.

I'm quite happy to take my custom elsewhere and not only cancel my media package but also my 3 phone contracts too.
Bhav13
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Please see below - conversation i had with Quidco today regarding claim.

Quidco are still adornment that the retailer (Virgin Media) accept or decline the cash back on there end.

Both companies providing conflicting information - yet in a partnership.

Interesting.....

Capture7.PNG 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 54
Flag for a moderator

This transcript is very useful and tells me, in my opinion, that you are not understanding what Quidco are actually telling you.

They are telling you that Quidco and Virgin Media have a process which can take 4-6 months to actually pay your cashback.

They are telling you that your claim is still going through the process and not to worry.

They are telling you that there is no point in you, as a Virgin Media customer, speaking to Virgin Media Customer Services as they don't know the process as it is another department in Virgin Media which deals directly with them in the process of paying cashback.

They are advising you not to speak to Virgin Media Customer Service as you won't progress things any more quickly than is currently happening.

They have advised you that you will get a reason if you are eventually declined.

@Bhav13 @sparry71

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
sparry71
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Just a pity Virgin don't dismiss a relationship from the start. That's not how I was sold my services by Virgin. Maybe you should sort out your commission hungry sharks in your sales teams. As it was Virgin sales team that advised me how best to complete my purchase I'm order to get the best deal for me to include a quidco cashback.
Bhav13
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@

I don't think you fully understand - Thus let me clarify.

"They are telling you that Quidco and Virgin Media have a process which can take 4-6 months to actually pay your cashback." - The cash back was originally due to be confirmed already, yet as it was declined by virgin media and i have had to open a claim which will now take a further 4-6 months to process!.i.e for Quidco to approach Virgin media again for them to either accept or decline.

However Virgin media are saying they do not accept or decline claims.

"They are telling you that there is no point in you, as a Virgin Media customer, speaking to Virgin Media Customer Services as they don't know the process as it is another department in Virgin Media which deals directly with them in the process of paying cashback." - Virgin media claim that they have nothing to do with the cash back in terms of accepting or declining yet you are agreeing and in understanding that it is another Virgin media department that deals with it - hence quoting and stating the above. So does virgin media have a say or not?? 

MrSoton
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Ive just singed up via TCB for a £220 discount..  

The way I see it, cashback is an enticement (the carrot) to tempt you to enter into a contract, if, this carrot is then taken away, there is no recourse.  The cashback can be (and in my case is) the deciding factor on taking up the contract, without which, I wouldn't have entered.  Unfortunately, there is only a 14 day cooling off period, so If cashback isnt confirmed by then, I will be returning the lot.  Im happy to wait 4, 6, 10+ months to be paid, I just want it confirmed, and see no reason why this cant be done following installation. 

Neither the partner or the retailer want to take ownership.  VM will say the partner, and they will say VM.. but ultimately, surely its VM who have to authorise the payment, Im sure the partner just doesn't simply cough up their own money.  

It almost feels like a cunning plan by Virgin to get you to sign up, only to the refuse to release funds to their partner.

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi @sparry71, @Bhav13 and @MrSoton.

I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues with Quidco.

I appreciate that the issue you are having is partially due to their teams asking you to contact us and vice versa.

Our Care teams never have and never will get involved in 3rd party offers. They are offered by the 3rd party and should be processed by them for you.

Their help site has many articles under the Online Cashback section that may be of use.

If they are as has been suggested by the community supporting you here, declined the offer of cash back you need to ask them why this has been declined and under what parameters.

I am liaising with our Sales Support teams to see if I can find out more to help you all.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I know more.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

sparry71
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
@Karen_A
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 54
Flag for a moderator

No worries guys

I want to get to the bottom of this for you too. I don't like seeing our customers being given the run around by anyone.

I hope to have further information over the next couple of days for you all.

Thanks and have a fab evening.

😄

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"