cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled by packer in post

AdmiralP
Joining in

Contract ended recently so got in touch with VM and was able to get a renewal at a cheaper price!

Last week I recieved a jiffy-bag type packet in the mail. All it contained was a small 6 page booklet outlining the phone line facilities. 
Seems a bit strange to use a jiffy-bag for jyst that...? Wad there meant to be something else with it?
And as I'm a phone + broadband customer should I have recieved something similar re my broadband?

VM packet.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi AdmiralP, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've received some information from us but you were unaware of the reason. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you currently get your VM landline through a regular telephone wall socket or from the phone connection on the back of the VM hub?

Can't see what the leaflet says but was it possibly anything to do with VM's home phone switchover process to a phone-via-router connection, if you are not yet connected that way? My thought was VM might have tried to send you a phone adapter (but, in the best of VM traditions, they didn't include the adapter!!)

Thanks for the response. Currently on "standard" socket for phone line, but had email from VM a couple of months back advising of change to Hub-based phone connection - due a couple of weeks from now.

The little booklet that did come in the jiffy bag is very general about VM phone services, nothing specific about the hub connection.

Guess it might be good to try and contact VM to see if an adapter got left out of the jiffy bag.. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AdmiralP wrote:

Thanks for the response. Currently on "standard" socket for phone line, but had email from VM a couple of months back advising of change to Hub-based phone connection - due a couple of weeks from now.

The little booklet that did come in the jiffy bag is very general about VM phone services, nothing specific about the hub connection.

Guess it might be good to try and contact VM to see if an adapter got left out of the jiffy bag.. 

I think that might be your explanation then! VM sent you a phone adapter package, without the phone adapter!!

If you wait here for a few days, the VM forum team will reply and will probably arrange for another one to be sent to you.

Hi AdmiralP, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've received some information from us but you were unaware of the reason. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi AdmiralP, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care in the meantime. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F -

Just to update you -

replacement package delivered in post this morning cp0ntqained a fibre phone adapter!

ao all ready for the switch over next Thursday.

Thanks for your help in this.
regards

Hi AdmiralP, 

Thanks for coming back to us with this update about your replacement package, I am glad this has now been resolved for you 🙂

I'll let Kath know you said thank you!

Kind regards,

Megan_L