cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a Wifi Pod

AMCX
Tuning in

Simple issue. The Wifi signal in an out-building is weak and nonexistent in two bedrooms upstairs.

The Virgin Connect app, is at best inconsistent. On different days different error messages include Hub cannot be found, (it’s right next to the iPhone), iPhone is not connected to the wifi (it is). On other days it will connect. Over three months I have managed to scan just two rooms, one which contains the Hub. Other rooms where there is wifi, it times out with “something went wrong, try again in 10 mins”. Same thing happens after 10 mins. 
Chatbot is next to useless, similar topics in the forum end with “I’ll PM you”. Phone was not answered. FAQ says scan the house using Virgin Connect App (see above).

Any offers? I just want a wifi pod (or two). Why is this so hard?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Ever considered cutting to the chase and just buying a couple of WiFi Extenders from Argos or Amazon.

At least that way they would be yours, unlocked and available for use on any ISP.

Plus no need to do battle with VM every time the WiFi Pods fail and or the VM Connect app goes AWOL.

I am currently making do with a wifi extender. I was hoping for something much better.

Looks like I’m losing this battle…

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AMCX,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your broadband connection! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I understand that you're familiar with the Connect App where you can scan your home for any issues. 

I've taken a look at our systems and I can see that there's some issues with your upstream power levels. These issues could be causing some ongoing issues with your connection. In order to have this issue rectified, we'd need to book a technician appointment for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and to have a technician appointment booked in. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @AMCX 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your power levels. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Technician Pete visited as per your instructions and he ordered a Virgin Wifi Pod. I still haven’t heard anything since.

Please advise. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AMCX, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

We are very sorry to hear you have not received any further information since the visit. 

We would be happy to take a look at this from our side and assist further. 

Please check your inbox (red bar at the top of page) for a message from me. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AMCX, 

Thank you for joining me on private message.

I am very happy we have been able to assist in getting the equipment ordered. 

Please do reach out if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help with. 

Thanks, 

Nat