Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of a contract

Hi All,

I am having issues with the team at VM about a contract.

I entered into a 1 year contract in September 2019 for TV and Broadband. I called them in July to see if I could remove the TV element of my package without being charged and save myself some money. The rep said this would be fine.

Skip to September 2020 and I moved back to my Mums due to family ongoing family issues. I called VM to cancel my contract as it was over but I was told that I had been signed up to a new contract in when I made the call to cancel the TV element of my package. I explained during this call to cancel that I had never been made aware of a new contract existing and wouldn't have agreed to this in order to save the £10 per month between July and September. They replied and said that it must have been discussed on the phone call and that they had sent me an email about it. I searched my email folders and found nothing and also raised it as a query with VM to check their call recordings as nothing had been said about a new contract in the call. VM replied and told me that they didn't have the call recording for the call in July but I simply must have agreed to it, at this time I also told them I cannot see an email ever coming through and asked if they had any evidence that a new contract exists. They assured me that they did but wouldn't give me a reason as to how they have evidence. I raised this as a complaint as I was frustrated at this point. 

I was called by a manager who offered to disconnect me for £200 or to continue the service for another 18 months at £20 per month. I declined both of these as I don't believe any of this is my fault. At this time I also cancelled my DD. 

Skip forward to 6th November and I received a call from their debt management team asking me to make a payment as there are late fees on the account. I said I have an ongoing complaint. They were unaware of this and had to record all the details again. 

I am yet to receive a call back from a manager about my complaint and simply want this to be resolved. In the last call to debt management I said I would pay a reasonable administration fee but not anything close to £200.

My questions about this relate to the contract.

- Can VM keep trying to charge me if I have never agreed to it and they seem unable to show me any evidence of a contract?

- What happens if I simply refuse to pay at this point?

- Am I in the wrong? I really feel that I have been wronged here and it may just be down to a training issue with the rep I spoke to in July. 

- What can I do to resolve this?

Any help is appreciated!

Matt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of a contract

What happens if I simply refuse to pay at this point?

If you are using the services you'll be steeling services if you refuse to pay.

You need to follow the VM complaints process

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

I have moved away from the address that VM were providing the service to so I haven't been using the services since I originally phoned to cancel.

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MatthewTurner93

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the dispute you've got. I've not been able to locate your account with the forum details so I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"