Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with receiving a refund

So, I was a Virgin Customer for years (TV/Phone/Broadband) and moved to an area where Virgin do not provide a service.

I gave thirty days notice, but somehow Virgin managed to take another debit so they owed me more money. Created a bill and charged three cancellation fees - how does that work? I didn't even have a contract with you at the end of the period. And charged me for a phone call made on the day I moved out.

You rang me up to pick up the equipment, but when I told you where I lived I was told - "Oh, I'm not coming there - it's too far"

So, you owe me money, you charged me fees you shouldn't have done, and you won't pick up your equipment.

And yes, I know Covid-19 has created a lot of problems, but I don't think it has much to do with these issues.

I am tired of sitting on phone calls that you never pick. I am tired of the failure to provide a basic service.

Can somebody tell me what is going on?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with receiving a refund

Hello Frankkent59

Thanks for your post 

When a service is disconnected a final bill is produced 2 weeks after 

This will 99% be a credit as we charge in advance

The credit then gets issued 35-40 days as a cheque and sent out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth.

Not sure it's very COVID-19 sensible, having received money from my bank account for years, I'm now being asked to go into a bank and pay in a cheque.

I also have queries about the bill itself in that I have been charged three cancellation fees - even though I was not in a contract.

I was actuall speaking to someone online on Tuesday night, and was in a conversation for four hours before the system closed down.

This process has been dreadful.

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Frankkent59

Most mobile banking apps can scan checks and pay them in your account 

This is always the way it has been and we have tried to change this due to Covid 19.

Regarding the charged we would have billed in advance then removed them, This why the account is in credit 

I am sorry for the dreadful service 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos