cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with logging into new account and memorable word when contacting support.

MV20
On our wavelength

Hi. I'm a new customer, signed up at the start of the month but get turned up at the start of next month. I created an account online and used a password manager to create and save the password. When I came to log into the account though, it said the password was incorrect. After a couple of tries, I used the 'forgot password' option but it told me that there wasn't enough information in my account to be able to use that option, so I'm currently locked out.

I tried phoning VM and spoke to an agent and after going around in circles for what seemed like ages, they told me that the error is because my account isn't active yet and I should be able to log in next month. Is this correct? It seems strange to me that I was allowed to create an account but not use it yet!

On a similar note, when I spoke to the rep on the phone, they asked me for my memorable word, I thought I knew the word but after several tries giving them the letters they asked for, they told me it was incorrect. I'm totally confused about it all. 

Can anyone help and confirm that I cannot log in until the engineer comes next month and turns the service on?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MV20, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unable to log into the online account. 

Sometimes you would need to wait until installed but will have a look for you to see if everything is set up for you. 

I will send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MV20, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unable to log into the online account. 

Sometimes you would need to wait until installed but will have a look for you to see if everything is set up for you. 

I will send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

MV20
On our wavelength

Hi Chris. I've been activated today, everything is fine except I still can't log into my VM account. Still says the password is wrong (even though I used a PW manager) and that I can't reset it because my account doesn't have enough information to do so. I've need to log in to set up the Netflix account with my service so any help you can give is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi MV20, thanks for coming back to me, 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issues with the online account and will send you a PM so that this can be investigated further. 

Please look out for the message in your inbox. 

Kind regards, Chris.