cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with direct debit

ToonHughes
Joining in

Hi i've recently moved address and switched my broadband to my new address with a new deal. Thought everything had went smoothly until i received an email today saying that a payment had no been received and i need to pay and i'm being charged a late payment fee.

After being on with customer service for nearly 90mins they said i don't have an active direct debit and that they couldn't take a payment because the system was down but if i used the automated service/online payment that it will be sorted and that the late payment will be removed from account.

I've paid what was needed to pay and checked my account and my direct is still setup with my account so why have the payments not been taken? Also why have i been put back to paper bills and charged for that also when i was setup for ebilling?

Can somebody please help with this plese.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good Morning ToonHughes,

Thanks for your post

Can you tell me if the bill you've been issued includes the late payment fee?

Are you also able to tell me if the most recent bill represents multiple months?

Or if previous bills have been paid to combat the direct debit issue we've had on the account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ToonHughes,

I hope you are settling in well at your new address.

When you move home you are allocated a new account number. 

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

It's possible this hasn't been done. Have you checked that the direct debit is set up with your new account number and not for the old account?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ToonHughes,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that there's been a few billing issues with your account since moving home. I'd like to help get this sorted for you - I've popped you over a PM so I can take some details from you and go through security.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

I'm still having problems with this.

The direct debit has been activated and yet you still aren't taking payments and i'm being charged late payments again.

I'm supposed to be paying £31 per month and this month you are asking for £71.25, i've had nothing but hassle since i've switched my broadband to a different address.

Could somebody please help me with this.

Thanks

Good Morning ToonHughes,

Thanks for your post

Can you tell me if the bill you've been issued includes the late payment fee?

Are you also able to tell me if the most recent bill represents multiple months?

Or if previous bills have been paid to combat the direct debit issue we've had on the account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

On the bill there is a late payment charge of £7.50 and then it says that my last bill was not paid in full and owed from last bill is £47.75.

When i had this trouble last month i owed £13.57 from the previous month which i paid and was told that the late payment charge would be removed and that everything was sorted regarding direct debit.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me

I'll take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

I've been in touch with my bank about the problems with the direct debit after i was told that everything was setup on your end and it might be a problem with my bank. 

The bank has said the direct debit is there and no problems on their end and the looks like the last 2 months there has been no requests for payment from virgin media.

I'd like this sorted because i'm being told from both virgin media and the bank that the direct debit is fine on their side but yet no payments are being taken.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @ToonHughes.

I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for it and we can look into this further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @yekrub

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this billing issue and that you have not received a response to your complaint yet. I understand how frustrating this must be for you - we never want to make a customer feel like "the little guy." Apologies for any stress this has caused.

I'd like to take a look further into this, I will send you a private message to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Kind regards,

Serena