Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Primary account showing as secondary

The bereavement team recently helped us out by changing an account into my mothers name after my father passed away.  However she is unable to log in and view bills etc as her email address is showing as a secondary account.

We tried reregistering as advised, but we weren't able to because the email address was already registered.

I was advised to call through via phone but got following the recommended menu got me nowhere.  We've also tried to contact by chat 3 times.  Each time we get put through to another team that don't respond.  I really do appreciate that it's a busy time, I'm more than happy to get the details to someone who can sort it at their leisure, but it seems each time we get sent through to this other team regardless and have to start the waiting again.

Help please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Primary account showing as secondary

Hello Johnboy2417,

Thanks for using the forums, I am so sorry to hear about your father's passing. I would think the bereavement tea would still be able to help with this as its in connection with your father's email address that needs to be changed over to your mother's. Give them a call on 0800 952 2302 as i'm sure they will be able to help.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thank you for your reply, and my apologies for not laying out fully what has happened so far.

We got in touch with the bereavement team via their email address and provided them with the documentation required.  We noted that despite now being the account holder, my mother was still showing as a secondary account holder when logging in so we gave it a few days to see if something just needed to happen in the background, but there was no change so we replied back to the bereavement team.

Their advice was for us to call 150 and choose the option for Broadband Fault and one of the tech team will be able to help. I tried the phone options they gave however seemed to go round in a huge circle and was unable to actually talk to anyone.

Understanding that this is a busy time, and wanting to try and prevent tying up your phone lines as this is a bit of a pain but in the grand scheme of things it's relatively minor as we only want to look at potentially downgrading her package, we decided to try chat.  The first person we spoke to on chat asked us to try registering again which we couldn't do, so they put us through the correct team to help.  We sat there staring at the chat screen for a few hours, replying yes every now and again, to no avail.

We tried again a few days later - explaining the steps we had already been through, and the same thing happened. We got put through to the correct team, stared at the chat window for a while, nobody answered.

Yesterday I jumped on chat again and explained the above, and asked if we could simply pass the request onto someone who could help at their leisure as they are obviously busy (if in fact they exist at all - I'm still not convinced).  I was told no, as they need to confirm personal details. "Hold on" they said, "I'll just check if someone is available for you now", then a few seconds later put me through to the "team" once again. I was optimistic this time as the person had said they were just checking if the team was available.  They wouldn't out me through if they weren't, right?  I kept the chat window open while I was working.  7 hours yesterday, and nothing. 

Hence my minor frustration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnboy,

Thank you so much for explaining all of that for me. I really do appreciate your frustration and want to help, but I wouldn't be able to here as its in connection to a bereavement case, the team will be able to help if you give them another call. 

Apologies again for this.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

I just called the bereavement team.  They have told me that since the account has been transferred into my mothers name there is nothing further they can do so I need to contact customer services.  I tried to explain what has happened so far but they were rather insistent.

Is there any chance of getting this sorted out before I need the bereavement team myself?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnboy2417, 

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to grab some further details and we can get this looked in to. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Thanks 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos