cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PriceChange2023

katiejane01
Joining in

If I was to cancel today will it be cancelled today, immediately or will it run to the end of the month as that will be what I’ve paid up to? 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel.

If you place your cancellation request today then you would still be billed during those 30 days as the normal billing cycle continues for your usage.

The account would be disconnected and closed on 6th April..  After the account is closed you would receive a final bill and refunded any credits that may be due.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The letter I’ve received today about the price increase says

If you’re not happy with any of the changes announced in this letter, including those to our out of house Wi-Fi hotspots and pricing terms and conditions, You can change or cancel your package, any time before 10th of April 2023, without paying any cancellation fee.

So I need to do this soon to ensure it’s within the 30 day cancellation policy? 

Hi there @katiejane01 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you feeling confused by the price change and cancellation policy, to clarify you are able to book a cancellation up until the date given in your letter but the 30 day notice will still be required. 

Thanks again

Based on the date given I am guessing you are in the 1 May price increase batch. Therefore I would change or cancel on or before 31 March, so that the 30 days expires on 30 April. Then you will not pay a penny more than expected when you agreed to your existing contract, for the time that you remain on that contract.