Menu
MarianS
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Price rise notification letter, having locked in to a discounted 18-month contract from Nov '20

Hi,

I've attempted to resolve this problem by calling Customer Service, but having held on for 25 mins, after being cut off after the first 20-min wait, to speak to one agent, who could then not help so put me through to join yet another queue (still waiting 15 mins later and not hopeful) I hoped you could maybe assist.

Back in November I agreed to renew with an 18-month fixed, discounted, fee contract, having had a number of probs with Virgin and being on the verge of leaving. All good. Until today, when I received a letter (again, from the hapless Rachael Barrass, who is unfortunate enough to have her name attached to every foul-up and contentious communication delivered by mail) advising of a £4/m price hike, but saying that I could cancel any time before 26/2. So my questions would be: how does my agreeing to a long-term fixed price contract equate with a rise notification less than 2 months later and b) Am I, in that case, still locked in for 18 months as agreed in November, or can I now jump ship if I wish before 26th February (as it can't be both!)?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

0 Kudos
MarianS
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise notification letter, having locked in to a discounted 18-month contract from Nov '20

UPDATE: I have finally got through to an agent who was able to help, and who confirmed that the letter was incorrect and I would indeed remain on the fixed fee for the remainder of the 18 months. He's promised to email me to confirm this - still awaiting this confirmation, but he said it could take 30 mins. So this is the second time since November that I've received a letter from Virgin which is incorrect and totally contradicts previous information given, and has again taken just shy of 2 hours to get through to resolve. If I were Rachael B I'd be wanting to know why so much incorrect correspondence is being sent out 'from her', as it's doing no favours to her reputation, nor Virgin Media's.

0 Kudos