Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 21 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

VM can`t even offer an email system to customers that works so they have no chance of setting up a email contact , it would crash out with the amount of complaint emails within seconds.!

Highlighted
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 22 of 86
Flag for a moderator

interesting that the mods say the virgin email address i gave is invalid. using four email checker programs it shows it is still active.

what is it with virgin and the whole issue with email addresses.  not having an email address on a limited company may not form part of the company limited liability partnerships and business regulations 2015, but i'm sure someone will get a change in the law. 

Highlighted
DABhand
Super solver
Message 23 of 86
Flag for a moderator

They said it is no longer in use, I have some email no longer in use also and they are still alive.

I think you are being a bit pedantic.

They removed it simply to stop people sending in an email that will never be responded to, so they won't sit about waiting on a reply.

I wonder if VM would respond to a FOI on the price increases as after all they are affecting customers and customers should know what the price increases are for.

I wonder if they would respond to an FOI to show the price increases in the last 3 years, and the reasons and break down for the costs.

Because so far this year by Nov 2016 line rental would have increased twice. The July hike was for Sky Sports and Movies of course.

But why the need to price hike line rental twice in a year, as well as other services?

Majide!
Highlighted
rji777
Dialled in
Message 24 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Just to add my personal dissatisfaction to the others...

Dear Virgin,

Thank you for your recent email informing me that my monthly bill will be going up by more than 10 times the current rate of inflation as of November. Thank you also for the patronising list of "good stuff" which frankly isn't. I also note that your among the boasts contained in your email you do not mention that your customer service is well renowned for being amongst the worst on the planet AND when senior management follow up complaints they are clearly uninterested and just going through the motions. I also note that you do not mention that your recent "improvements" make my Tivo box more difficult to use than before (if you talked to Customers, you would know this) and that the last time I tried, it was not possible to add new email addresses to me account (this, by the way, is due to incompetent management of your software development process). So I guess that's what the price rises are for, right?; to pay for all the incompetence that has persisted throughout your organisation for years. Hence, if I have my way, you will not be surprised to learn that as of November, my bill will NOT be going up be the specified amount. Why?; because, if at all possible, I will be off to your competition to revel in better and more relevant services, superior customer service (which, let's face it, won't be hard) and far better value. Shame on you Virgin. Shame on you.

RJI777

Highlighted
robbev50
Settling in
Message 25 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Sky have some very attractive offers for new subscribers and it seems like now is a good time to swap. If and when Virgin get theit act back together we will no doubt be able to get a new introductory offer from them at that time. What a crazy world we live in.

Highlighted
Bungle72
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Couldnt help but notice that the majority shareholder of virgin is in advanced talks to buy formula one.  Guess they need the money to pay for it...

Highlighted
ian-c
Rising star
Message 27 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@DABhand wrote:

They said it is no longer in use, I have some email no longer in use also and they are still alive.

I think you are being a bit pedantic.

They removed it simply to stop people sending in an email that will never be responded to, so they won't sit about waiting on a reply.

I wonder if VM would respond to a FOI on the price increases as after all they are affecting customers and customers should know what the price increases are for.

I wonder if they would respond to an FOI to show the price increases in the last 3 years, and the reasons and break down for the costs.

Because so far this year by Nov 2016 line rental would have increased twice. The July hike was for Sky Sports and Movies of course.

But why the need to price hike line rental twice in a year, as well as other services?

The online customer complaints form (email) accessed from the 'Contact Us' page, which was auto acknowledged with a reference via email and followed up with a response from the complaints team, was removed in July. Too many customer complaints I guess. The format for emailing Virgin is firstname dot lastname at virginmedia dot co dot uk

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities. It does not apply to private companies.

------------------------------------------------------------
Customer since June 1994
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA
Contention reference "F002896495", - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening. Ongoing since March 2014.
After some network upgrading, fault reference became F004952644 with some improvement to evening speeds.
18 review dates. Last review February 2019
Highlighted
DABhand
Super solver
Message 28 of 86
Flag for a moderator

That came across wrong. I didn't mean to send a Freedom of Information request per say, but i used FOI to get the point across if they would oblige by asking for information from them to show what the price increases were etc.

I know FOI act is for government run public bodies, just at the time of posting I couldn't think of the words to say to ask for something similar 😛 Hence why I said "I wonder if they would respond"

Majide!
Highlighted
ian-c
Rising star
Message 29 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Virgin price changes: in full

Line rentalCurrent pricePrice from 1 NovIncrease
Monthly line rental£17.99/mth£19/mth£1.01/mth
Line Rental Saver£184/yr£196/yr£12/yr
Package (1)Current pricePrice from 1 NovIncrease
Broadband only (all speeds)£30.25/mth – £43.25/mth £33.24/mth – £46.24/mth £2.99/mth
Broadband and phone (all speeds)£36.99/mth – £49.99/mth£40.48/mth – £53.48/mth£3.49/mth
Big Easy – b'band, phone, 60+ channels£41.99/mth£45.48/mth£3.49/mth
Big Bang – b'band, phone, 130+ channels£51.99/mth£55.48/mth£3.49/mth
Big Kahuna – b'band, phone, 230+ channels  £72.99/mth£76.48/mth£3.49/mth
------------------------------------------------------------
Customer since June 1994
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA
Contention reference "F002896495", - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening. Ongoing since March 2014.
After some network upgrading, fault reference became F004952644 with some improvement to evening speeds.
18 review dates. Last review February 2019
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 30 of 86
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I really like VM, apart from a couple of outages and a few dramatic but very short term speed drops, the broadband service has been great.

Tivo is unfortunately incredibly slow (which is why it got boxed 2 days after arriving)but then it's a £50 box full of bloatware which although helpful... simply highlights how under powered Tivo is (Perhaps VM should offer to SELL boxes with faster CPU's and more Ram). 

The line rental is a bit of a killer.

I'm presently out of contract with VM and usually I change because "New customer" figures are the only thing ISP's care about and that means huge savings to people swapping ISP's while loyal customers pay for those deals through price increases. Changing is quick and easy online and has many incentives like BT's £100 gift card and a free humax to sell when you change ISP 12 months later. I still wouldn't mind staying with VM but they don't want me. My circumstances means I need to downsize from a 150mb+TV+phone bundle to a 50MB broadband and phone only service.. but instead I am only offered a small discount on the bundle I do not use or want. I'll wait a week and then if VM still doesn't want me I'll return to BT again for a year and take the next new customer bundle from VM after that... unless BT starts looking after loyal customers during that time 😉

0 Kudos