cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price on contract is different but virgin say ignore it as the deal will be lower as agreed?

Browser007200x
Tuning in

After a lot of issues regarding errors on virgin media web page about my contract shortly coming up for renewal,i checked and got a price that was acceptable, eventually I was told it was for new customers,which is strange as it was stated for contract renewal? anyway it cost me a lot of time to resolve? and being retired and with virgin since the beginning and telewest etc before that, I called got Portugal,one lady could not deal with it,second guy John said it would be honoured no problem and would see it in a few days,never happened,called likely indonesia,they wanted another £40 a month, called again and decided I would leave at end of contract date,we have family in usa with termina life issues and wanted it resolved alone with a couple of other things beofre I left UK wne needed.. so I phone again,said I would leave and after an epilogue of time,allowed the guy to see one more time if he could help, it went on and on,unfortunately it was not the uk people who you can say yes or no too, he seemd to want to really help so I kept with him, in the end he offered me an acceptable price and i agreed, he said don’t worry about the paper work showing different values and when I received it indeed it was a worry, it says £139.95 installation fee ? The fee is different for monthly figure by plus £12 however iam recording it here and hace taken copies on the eb conversation as unlike some people I wouldn’t hesitate to take legal redress i always pay my bills and its just there have been many complaints about virgin I am mentioning this episode and if it works out ok i will be first to record it.the big question is trust and faith? I think the runaround customers face over seas is mot good enough and in fairness there is only so much they can do in the contract area.

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Browser007200x, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into this for you further and reassure you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel