Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Price increased from £28.00 to £50.50 without letter notification

I have been of over 20 years and today and today when checking my account to find out why my direct debits had not been paid i find out that virgin had been taking £50.50 for the basic phone package and 100mb broadband since november.

I phoned up and to be fair i was angry as this has caused a bad credit rating , but didn't swear and even said to the lady i know its not your fault, only to be told it my responsibility to know when my contract ends,i questioned that i hadn't recieved anything in the post,the lady responded no we emailed you to the account, which i dont use as i get 50 plus spam messages a day.,its my original ntl account.

When i asked how it was so dear i was told the charge is £49.00 but i expained i was getting charged  £50.50 to which she replied that would have been a price increase.

I was also informed when asking to cancel as i requested a paper copy of the cancellation that  they wouldn't do that and i needed to get with the 21st century.

I will be requesting a copy of the call and taking matters further as in all the 20 years i have been with yourselves i have never spoke to someone so unhelpful and rude.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increased from £28.00 to £50.50 without letter notification

£44 standard price for 100mbps and phone.
YOu'll be paying what your contract was when you took it out.

Each bill tells you the discount you have and when it ends. At the end of the contract you need to call in for a better/new deal. It will never match new customers but will be cheaper then you are paying now

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No will be requesting a copy of the phonecall to forward to Ofcom and take matters further,especially refusing to send a paper copy of the cancellation out as well as the increase,plus the comments of its my responsibility and i need to get with the 21st century 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi noelkath

It sounds like you signed up for ebilling, therefore you won't have received any paper copies of bills. Each bill contains the charges and also the end dates of any packages you are on. When the cancellation is processed the bills connfirming the cancellation will be available to view online. You can go back 12 months to view copies of your bills.  All bills can be printed out in a readable PDF format.

Since you never received any written indication of any change in your charges then you will taken out ebilling.

You will have set up an online account when you took out ebilling.  There is a saving of £1.75 a month for paperless billing.

Emails are sent to the account holders contact email address each time a bill is produced.

It is up to the account holder to either advise VM of a change of contact email address, or for the account holder to log into their online account and amend it themself.

There is also the Virgin Media app to keep an eye on bills https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/my-virgin-media-app

ebilling help https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-ebilling

your statements https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/your-statements.html

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No never signed up also doesnt explain why the advisor was so rude 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

if you have a complaint about a rude staff member you need to open a complaint with VM. Ofcom will not deal with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Not even when asking for written confirmation of the cancellation and the adviser refusing saying they will only email it and i need to get into the 21st century. If nothing else it will be a good advert for customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Also if i signed up for paperless how come i receive the normal junk mail about broadband offers and mobile offers that come out on paper. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

marketing is not billing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Morning noelcath,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with our call centre, as well as the price of your bills. 

If you would like to raise a complaint with our team, regarding your recent experience, we are able to assist you via our PM.

What I would advise is that we are unable to make alterations to your package over our Community Forums and therefore would not be able to offer you a new deal, or to cancel the services, as part of the resolution to a complaint on this platform.

If you would like to continue with us on the Forum, drop a response below and I'll file a complaint for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn