Menu
MattDuncan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

Noticed the cost of Virgin is getting higher & higher and previously had calls from a Virgin team offering new/cheaper deals as a valued customer. Of late been inundated with several calls a day from various numbers, not sure if 1 would be such team. What’s the best dept to speak to about the cost, retentions?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Yes, but you'll have to play the game,whilst not entirely the same, there's some useful pointers in the link below.  Also, getting through is still sometimes a problem, so less convenient times (eg first thing of a morning) can be better for getting through.  If you get put through to the offshore wage slaves, abandon the call and try again another time as it seems the UK based retentions agents are the only ones able to access better deals.  Also, when you're calling write down everything that the agent agrees to offer you - calls are recorded by VM, if the deal that gets put on the system doesn't match what you agreed, then you'll have confirmation of what you did agree, and the grounds to challenge it and get it put right.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Hi @MattDuncan 

Sorry to see you're prices have been rising and I hope we are able to sort a better deal for you! 

Can I ask you've been able to speak to a member of our sales team? The number for them is 0800 027 0801 or you can view existing customer deals online here.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos