Menu
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

Hello,

I received an email today saying my package was increasing by £4.50 a month from the 1st March.

My current contract (TV, broadband & landline) was taken out in July 2020 and runs for 18 months. It states the price won't change until January 2022, so I assume this email does not apply to me until then?

Please confirm.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Hi Neil,

You should be fine as per PriceChange2020/Broadband 

Your price increase is outlined in the letter or email we sent you. If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Dave,

Thank you for your reply, but please can you just check my contract and confirm that is the case

Thank you

Neil

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 102
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Neil,

Sorry, I'm a customer the same as yourself.

If you log into My Virgin Media you can double check your contract which will show the contract end date, which as you say is until January 2022. 

You can also confirm the end date by checking your latest bill under the Promotions & discounts heading.

I haven't received my price increase email yet, but am pretty sure it will state what your out of contract price will be and that you will continue on your fixed price contract until the offer ends - I must admit past experience shows that VM emails can be poorly worded.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Good morning,

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
NeilLondon99
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 102
Flag for a moderator

John,

My 18 month contract started on 8th July 2020, so after 29th June.

I have read that contracts taken out after this date are on the new prices and will be honoured by Virgin at the agreed price per month, otherwise this is a slight of hand.

Please advise.

Neil

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Neil

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll PM you now to advise further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Helitron
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Another customer here who received the price increase email. 

My contract ends on March 11, 2021. The email I received however says "you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees."

Does this mean I can cancel my current contract before the end date without early exit fee if I want to switch ISP?

Regards

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Yes

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 10 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS - Why are you taking the answer for the above question to private message, its the same question many have?

Not being transparent makes it seem likely to not have a single or fair outcome?

So my question really is, Are these price increases going to be fixed to products or are these numbers going to be dream't up on a customer by customer basis like they quite clearly have in previous years...

Example, When the price increase in 2019 took affect I saw two accounts I managed both with solus 100Mb services increase by different ammounts although both contracts where of equal cost (prior to increase) and also agreed at the same time (within hours of eachother throught rententions) and still within the minimum term, "one account increased £2.50 the other increased £3.75"

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos