cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase notification

wheas
Tuning in

Exactly the same for me

I received my new bill 3 weeks ago and my package has increased by £15 per month from £56 to £71 per month from this month.

I did not receive a letter or email from Virgin informing of the increase and allowing me the option to leave penalty free within 30 days. I have the last 2 years bills and even last years price rise email from January 2022 in my inbox but this one has not arrived in my inbox (or spam folder) so I know it was never sent. 

I complained 3 weeks ago via the webform on the VM website and have heard nothing not even a confirmation

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey wheas, thank you for posting on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you have regarding the price rise we've recently applied, as the email has not reached you.

We've sent this between 19th Jan. '23 and 28th April '23, would you be able to go though your emails from us on those dates, just to be sure?

Could you please kindly confirm if your email address has been set to receive communications from us and do you have access to an online account here to view whether this option is on?

Let us know more and we're eager to advise further on this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wheas 

When does your current minimum term contract end?  The reason I'm asking is that the £15 increase may be due to a discount ending and nothing to do with the annual price increase. 

I noticed that you moved in October 2021 and if you started a new contract at that time then any discount on it would have been due to end in April 2023.  (Most people don't make any changes when moving and therefore don't start a new contract but it's a possibility that may have happened) Your contract and each bill should show the date any discounts are due to end.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply

No the same discount is live on my account until April 2024. The increase is caused by my package increasing by £15 from £85 to £100.

The discount (£29) then brings it down to £71 whereas it was £56 before the mid contract price rise. I was not notified about this increase prior to the bill and given the option to leave.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wheas, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Have you been able to check your junk/spam folders for the notification during the times provided by my colleague?

Nat

Hi

Thanks for the response

I have the last 2 years monthly bill messages and even last years price rise email from January 2022 in my inbox and so I have never previously had an issue receiving your messages.

This recent one about the rise has not arrived in my inbox or spam folder and so I know it was never sent. I receive all other correspondence from you to the same email address and so it is correct online.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there wheas,

Can I ask when was the new contract accepted? 

Also were no physical letters sent to the property?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain

Thanks for the reply, the new contract was accepted on the 6th October last year (2022) and the contract was just sent electronically. This October 2022 contract was agreed at £56 per month

That made it safely to my inbox, the only thing I have never received is a letter informing me of the price increase and allowing me to leave the contract. To quote Adri_G above "the letter would have been sent between 19th Jan. '23 and 28th April '23". 

Not notifying me of such a large increase quite close to the start of an 18 month contract is really bad customer service.

Best wishes

wheas

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We can appreciate the frustration caused, 

So this can be investigated further I've dropped you a PM.

This message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM wheas,

I'm glad we were able to come to a resolution with the account, do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain