Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Price hike if £30 per month

Hi been with Virgin for a year just found out my bill is going up in excess of £30 per month for exactly the same service I asked why couldn’t give me an answer!! The suggestion from Virgin was to down grade my package which I didn’t want to do I asked for a price just for broadband £50 per month where do they get their prices from. Spoke to them yesterday and to keep it short my contract has been cancelled loyal customer paid my bill every month and this is the way they treat you!! 

Customer service huh non existent couldn’t care less absolutely disgusted they treat customers with that attitude 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price hike if £30 per month

good customer service does not equate to dropping prices whenever a customer complains.
you used your right as a customer to cancel and go elsewhere. loyalty has nothing to do with it.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It appears so but extortion comes to mind 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

extortion - the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

i don't see any force or threats being made.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So your new customer offer ended and you were going onto the standard pricing. This isn't new and happens all through the industry.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It was a nightmare from the very beginning we signed up for x amount of £’s first bill came in over £200 plus took weeks to sort that out 

But if you think paying nearly double is ok  then that’s fine I on the other hand don’t 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

its the way it works - they give new users a good 1st year deal with discounts - those end and the price goes up - it should all be detailed in your original contract

many dont see it and keep paying which suits them - other like you see it and complain on here which will do no good other than getting the types of reply above from many

the thing you need to do is talk to the right people - not chat or offsore who can be as helpful as chocolate teapots - you need to talk the UK retentions 

so

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

follow the prompts above i think the phone key presses are 1 4 5 - should get you someone in the UK - if not hang up and start again

be aware a new deal or change of anything starts a new 12 month contract

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

how did you get on and when

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

They have rang me to say they can reduce my package and still charge me £12 per month extra I told them to go away and have a rethink 

0 Kudos