Menu
Buttondog
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Price Increase

Hi

I started another 18 month contract with Virgin in August 2020 (TV).  I have received an email today saying the charge will increase by four pounds a month. I was promised my price would not increase until the end of the contract. Even my latest bill states my charges will not increase until February 2022.  Does this price increase apply to me?

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase

Thanks for the post Buttondog and welcome to our community.

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am in the same boat as you. I negotiated a price in September for 18months (46£ for Maxit V6 box, 200mb, talk weekend), but I have been told on this site that if my bill says that I have a discount then the 4£ price increase is due and my bill does refer to a discount of £37 from the actual price of £83

Everyone here acts like this is sensible and logical pricing position, since "Virgin always say that they are able to change the price of your package but not able to change the price of your discount"...sheesh. So the extra 4£ goes on your bill ....at least that it is the summary after asking the same question. But if you don't have a discount but pay a fixed price then you don't pay the extra 4£ and so far I haven't seen anyone on such a contract.

0 Kudos
Buttondog
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers machineghost

Your answer is really helpful.  I think it is shameful to do this in the middle of a pandemic when it is near on impossible to get through to Virgin to speak to them by phone or message.  I’ll be leaving!

Cheers though!

0 Kudos
Buttondog
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily

I am trying to get through to Virgin call centre to cancel my service. No luck so far, any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Buttondog wrote:

Thanks Emily

I am trying to get through to Virgin call centre to cancel my service. No luck so far, any other suggestions?

Thanks

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

0 Kudos