Menu
ojp73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Price Increase

I am utterly astounded that in the current climate Virgin see it appropriate to announce and apply a price increase.  Every business in the country is suffering, every individual is suffering.  We are all making sacrifices.  The business I work for (also a subscription based business) has frozen all bills while the UK is in lockdown.  Yet, Virgin announce an increase!.  Perhaps you feel that no one will cancel as we all need our broadband at this time.  Well yes we do but once out of the lockdown it will be businesses that offer a helping hand and acknowledge we are all in this together that will win my business.  I would urge you to reverse the increase and even consider ways to help your customers at this time.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase

Can you post a link to the price rise announcement please.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lots of companies are still carrying on with price increases, such as mobile operators increasing bills by 2.5% due to RPI increases. 

And despite what people think, the world hasn’t suddenly stopped operating etc. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ojp73
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's what makes it more irritating, no email, nothing, just an increased bill.  Thanks for that Virgin!  Really customer centric

ojp73
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Over a third of the world are house bound, not exactly BAU!.  The point is we all need to do our bit, people are loosing their jobs, taking salary reductions, being put on furlough and so on.  ALL businesses should support this situation and do their but to help customers through.  

I know that Mobile operators and SKY etc are doing the same and I am writing to them too.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s likely you’ve come to the end of the initial contract term and your initial 12/18 month discount has finished. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

RPI increases are standard every year for mobile operators and in the real-world equate to about a 30p-80p per month increase. 

Hardly worth writing a letter of complaint about that will get nowhere especially when staff are busy dealing with more important (real) issues, those staff that are still working that is. 

0 Kudos
Mazza4321
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would like answers as to why my bill is being increased. I complained a little over a year ago after paying 35 for 50mb and it was dropped to 30 for some time but alas it has crept up to 37.50 and with this increase I'll be looking at 40pcm yet a new customer will get the exact same package for 26ocm on 18mnh contract. My contract is due to renew in July and this is a joke. Seriously considering cancelling and going with my mobile provider.

Mazza4321
0 Kudos
jayjj
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m annoyed over the bill increase with everything that is going on in the world, I think virgin media could of waited to add this increase I would like to know why loyal customers don’t get the same offers as new, my discount as just ran out I rang virgin and got a slight discount but it’s more than I want to pay, I have been a customer since it was ntl, 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

'I think virgin media could of waited to add this increase'

they waited several months. it would normally have been around october last year. both sky and bt increased theirs last year as usual.

' I would like to know why loyal customers don’t get the same offers as new'

because new customers are groomed in by companies with a stupid cheap price/gift quite often at a loss maker to the company. it is an excellent business model that many companies use (including sky, bt, energy companies etc). it is also encouraged by the various regulators and through successive governments. most customers stay and continue to pay increase after increase. if people are happy with the service and can afford it they stay.  if not then the regulator is happy as the new customer price elsewhere means the customer can (initially) get a bargain. the alternative is every single customer with bt, sky, virgin all pay the same price either as a new customer or a customer of 23 years. 

'I have been a customer since it was ntl'

'loyalty' gets you not very far these days with any company. haggling a cheaper deal is possible, but won't be the new customer price as you have found out.

as you are now out of contract it means you can search around for a new customer deal elsewhere and penalty free. obviously at some point the same irritation will crop up again with whoever you go with. but that is the way of business now.

0 Kudos