Menu
telbea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pre price increase new deal offer

Just had a call from VM offering what they call a better value deal, but is it any good??

200mb broadband (currently 100), talk more anytime (no change), maxit tv (no change) plus sky movies (new with this offer), currently £66pm but discount ending and price increase coming. New deal offer £79pm new 18 month contract

Is this a good deal or should I try for a better one?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pre price increase new deal offer

According to https://store.virginmedia.com/configure-your-bundle that combination is normally £111/month, with "new customers" getting it for within a few £ of what you've been quoted.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
telbea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've got the V6 box currently, I am plagued by issues with it, pixalation on live and recordings, freezing and needs rebooting several times a day, been like it for several months. I was about to ring VM again about a repair to the V6 and try to get a 360 box. Is it worth it or shall I try to get V6 again?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@telbea wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've got the V6 box currently, I am plagued by issues with it, pixalation on live and recordings, freezing and needs rebooting several times a day, been like it for several months. I was about to ring VM again about a repair to the V6 and try to get a 360 box. Is it worth it or shall I try to get V6 again?

There's a can of worms there... I'm going to post here exactly what I've just said to someone else asking a very similar question...

Disclosure: I use a V6.

The V360 is an entirely new software platform - you could ask 10 people what they think of it, and get 10 different answers. In time, I'm sure the V360 platform will match and exceed TiVo/V6, but for the moment it is "different". Whether that's good or bad - only you can decide.

And again, in time VM will retire the TiVo/V6 platform, but we're a long way from that yet. Just bear all this in mind when considering an "upgrade" that is not easily reversed if you don't get on with it.

Further comment mixed in with stock answer: Pixellation is quite often a symptom of poor signal issues, which can be caused by cabling issues just as much as they can a box fault. In other words... your box may be duff, but there could be other issues not helping your cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos