cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Contract

niks31
Tuning in

Hi 

After a phone call to retentions this morning, I decided to remain with VM after agreeing an acceptable offer. I was told that they would send an email with a pre contract so I could look it over and then take 7 days to decide. I received an email straight away with pre contract documents and also a txt message with a link to approve. I decided to go for the offer so I clicked on link and it says documents approved and we've got your order. I have not heard anything further since though, so I'm unsure if this order has gone through? Is there any way to check this please?

Thanks

Nikki

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @niks31, and welcome back!

Can you please confirm if the new agreement happens to show via the View Contract option within your Virgin Media self-care account?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I've had a look at my virgin media account online and I can't see anywhere it says to view contract.  My account is still showing the old package/details.  Nothing on there to show I've accepted a new deal or contract?

Nikki

Thanks for coming back to me @niks31.

I'd be happy to look into this with you via our private messaging function and we'll be able to confirm what's currently happening with your subscription.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me over our private messaging function @niks31, and I'm pleased we were able to have this resolved for you!

Do feel free to report back to our Community Forums, if you have any further issues or concerns with the services.

All the best,

David_Bn