Menu
Caroline69
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Power of Attorney

I need to register POA in order to close my mothers account. After a hospital stay with Covid and now 24 hr care in a Care home my mum will not be returning to her flat. I understand the 30 day cancellation timeframe but surely there is a quicker way to forward the POA than the postal method suggested. I have a scanned copy that all other agencies have accepted allowing immediate 'notice' to be given on accounts. Please can this be looked at asap ? Many Thanks

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power of Attorney

You're dealing with Virgin Media, if you think any systems they have are faster than the postal service you're clearly a Sky/BT customer & never dealt with VM before ...

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Caroline69 and welcome to our community.

We're very sorry to hear of the situation, if in regards to critical illness then the bereavement team can also speak to you and put through their processes for this on 0800 952 2302 or you may be able to do it through the forms online but let me know if this is not the case and we can pop you over a private message to add the power of attorney and cancel this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
KatyB49
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I also need to register POA for my father's account.  Please can someone give me the details on how to do this.  It seems to be a common question so I am surprised this route is not offered on the virgin media web site

Kate

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @KatyB49

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we do have a dedicated team that can assist with customers who may be critical ill and require a Power of Attorney, I am sorry if this information was hard to locate via our help pages, we have made some updates so I will ensure that this is fed back for you. Critical Illness

We're more than happy to assist you with your Power of Attorney for your Fathers account from here though. 

There is a new online process that we now accept or if you only have the paper copies, we will accept a scanned copy to add to our systems. 

I'll be happy to pop you a Private Message so we can take some account information and go through security. If you have the online service, we will also require the Lasting Power of Attorney Access Code. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @KatyB49

Thanks for your Private Messages - I can confirm that your request has now been actioned for you. 

If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help you out

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos