Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Poor service

As a pensioner I am well aware of the restrictions imposed by Corona Virus but trying to get any help for a television fault has been either unanswered or simply resulted in being passed from one "right team" to another. My television picture has been pixilating or freezing on all channels for a number of weeks. I have tried the suggested reset of the Virgin box and checked all cable connections with no success. To make matters worse I have had a phone call from a lady at Virgin asking if I would care to have an increase in bandwidth and the latest Virgin box (which she suggested might solve my problem) for only a few pounds a month extra! As we say in Scotland "aye right!". Having been a Virgin customer for many years I am just so frustrated by this shocking lack of service that, for the first time, I am seriously looking for another provider for television, broadband and mobile services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Morning @Livi1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I would like to take a further look into this, I am going to drop you a PM.

Kind regards.

Zak_M

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to Zak for looking in to this problem and offering me a solution. After many, many, many hours of laptop gazing (and recharging) I am hopefully about to resume normal service. At 76 years old I don't know how many of these hours I have left to spare. Seriously though I beg Virgin Media to look at the hopeless maze of barriers to customer communication. It is surely not impossible for a communications company to offer something far better than the present model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon, 

I just wanted to check back in and see how things went with the engineer this morning? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac

The engineer was very helpful and thorough. He checked all the connections inside and outside the house (even in the pouring rain), re-connected those he felt might a bit doubtful and ran a number of tests. Unfortunately the pixilation continued so, after a couple of hours, he replaced our box which must have been faulty. Everything is now working perfectly.

Thank you for arranging this for me as I was beginning to despair trying to communicate via the web site.

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Ian, 

Really glad he managed to sort out the issues that you were having. If you do need any further assistance then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos