cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

337edy2
On our wavelength

Hi

Need to get this information on here as evidence of current situation I have with Virgin media.

Hopefully somebody who knows what they're talking about will pick up on this!

I was called today by Virgin to discuss my package. I initially had no intention of making changes but the offer sounded reasonable so I decided to go along with it. I have since called in to Virgin to cancel the agreement and it has been confirmed that the new contract has been cancelled and I will stay on my existing contract until the end of its term.

In addition to this Virgin also set up an 02 sim card but I have been told that I will need to contact 02 to cancel this. I cannot get in touch with 02 because they don't advertise a telephone number and the communication tools online are exceptionally poor just like Virgin media.

I need to cancel this 02 sim immediately!

When the package was discussed I was told by the Virgin rep that I could have a 1 g b Broadband service and a mobile sim at 4 g b data including my landline for a certain amount of money. By the time the phone call had ended and after the rep had spoken to his manager I was left with an offer of 500 m b p s and a 4 g b mobile data. I accepted and later came to the conclusion that it wasn't what I needed. I also noted on the 02 App that the sim package was in fact 2 g b. I called in to cancel and have been reassured that it is cancelled other than the 02 sim. I have no intention to ever use this sim and don't want an open 02 account lingering around. This needs to be dealt with ASAP.

I've checked various methods of complaining via Virgin but the time period for responses in my opinion is not acceptable (up to 28 days)

If you work for Virgin and have business on this website then please start making things happen for me. I've had to deal with Virgin in a negative way many years ago and it didn't end well for Virgin. I'd rather not have a repeat performance.

I'd suggest that Virgin make it much easier for your customers to communicate with you. It's extremely frustrating.

In addition to all of the above I was asked about the quality of the landline that I have with Virgin. I explained that it was very poor and always dropping out etc. The Virgin rep then told me that my landline was like that because I only paid for a low broadband speed and that if I had a faster speed broadband those problems would go away. I wouldn't mind but it was Virgin who called me to advise me to lower my broadband speed from 500 m b p s to 125 m b p s in the first place because they felt that I was paying too much for a service I wasn't fully using!

So lets get this straight! prior to V.O.I.P. calls I had a wired landline that essentially was perfect and i paid a set price for it. Now I have V.O.I.P. and it would appear according to Virgin rep that the wealthier I am and the more money I spend on broadband with Virgin then my ability to be able to communicate over a landline will be more like the old wired landline that were all used to. Is there something seriously wrong with that or is it just me! Have I just been told a load of BS or is this true!

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @337edy2, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the landline services, and the difficulty contacting O2 to cancel the services.

To discuss this prospect of cancelling the service with O2, their contact details can be found here.

In regards to the landline issues, the speed of the broadband service should not be a deciding factor into the quality of this service.

Can you please confirm if you have been able to use an alternative handset on the connection to see if this improves the quality of the calls?

Thanks,

David_Bn

337edy2
On our wavelength

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm quite sure that when you ask about trying an alternative handset that your approaching this from a set of basic questions that need to be asked. The truth is it doesn't matter what handset I use. The line is crap, end of story. It makes silly noises, behaves like it's engaged and periodically I can hear what sounds like distorted voices over the line. I sincerely hope that what I was told is definitely BS because if it isn't then Virgin may want to employ an ethics team ASAP. In addition to that, the person I spoke to obviously doesn't know what they're talking about or is knowingly giving out BS in an effort to get more money out of customers for something they don't want or need.

I've tried calling 02 this morning. They pick up the phone and sit there talking to the person sitting next to them and ignore my call. What is it with these people that supposedly work at these places!?

At the rate things are going I can see another long drawn out process with the ombudsman again. As I have already said, the last time I had to go to those lengths it didn't end well for Virgin. 

Do you think I'll need to initiate this process again or do you think we could possibly sort things out here?

Thanks for coming back to me @337edy2.

I'd be happy to take a look into this to ensure that any landline issues are resolved for you.

We will also see if we can have any action taken on the O2 side of things also, but I can't guarantee that I'll be in a position to cancel the sim card for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn