cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

Nagakaruna
Joining in

I have been a virgin media customer for few years now. On 05 Sep 2023, I called up virgin media customer services and informed them that I do not need the virgin media broadband and TV service from 30 Sep 2023 onwards citing my home move. The customer services agent conveyed that I need to give 30 days notice and will need to pay till 04 Oct 2023 for which I have agreed. Further, he informed that my current package also expiring on 19 Sep 2023, therefore for remaining days I need to pay additional price without package discount for which also I have agreed. He further stated that I need ti pay £42.73 for this bill  and for remaining days in October I need to pay £4.73 and which I have agreed and paid the £42.73 on 11 Sep 2023. 

But now I got a new bill today saying I owe £53.00 for Sep-Oct bill and upon contacting Virgin media team via Whatsapp they saying that there is no such disconnection document recorded in their system and if I need to disconnect then I need to give 30 days notice. I am really concerned and worried to see the pathetic state of professionalism here. When I further asked the chat team why can’t they check their call recordings from my registered number for the said date, they comfortably stating that I need to pay the £53 now and then can file a complaint to get a refund.

I am really shocked and disappointed here looking at the worst document control system as well as the customer service processes at Virgin Mobile and worst thing I couldn’t find a customer complaint email address anywhere and the customer service number was only asking for fee payment. 

Can someone in this forum please advise me how to legally resolve this and to make Virgin media to get their errors corrected.

Naga

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Cover yourself and make a DSAR now for the original call recording and any other relevant information related to your account.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Then wait for a VM forum team reply here (usually within a few days) and see if they will look into it for you.

Sounds like some VM 'confusion' is in play as you have been very specific with what was discussed on the phone.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nagakaruna, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had issues with cancelling your account. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

VM are brazenly refusing to accept responsibility for not allowing customers to even give notice, let alone leave, then tempt them with a price that should include the same as previous package. Now i'm in a complaints process and VM must be using AI to do their letters as no human could possibly be involved and make that many mistakes. Good job they are being inevstigated, hopefully the whole company will fail. They do not have a clue about customer swervice, more like customer fraud, lies and deceit. Oh and guess what? i'm now having to deliver my own customer service, as they want me to do DSAR to investigate my own case for them! What a shambles of a company. Even the techician they sent (when I didn't even need one, and couldn't fix the problem!) was ashamed of who he worked for, poor guy.

Hi @CheatedByVM, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way.

Regarding the Data Subject Access Request, what have you been asked to do exactly? 

You should just have to provide us with a few personal details (so we can identify you), the period your data request covers and what you’d like to see.

More information on the process can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

This is not something you can resolve, it's in the hands of another team at Virgin Media plus the Ofcom watchdog, Martin Lewis Money Show and Rip Off Britain. I wonder if VM will survive the major investigation being undertaken now. Or will they go bust due to the compensation claims they will have to pay?

Hi @CheatedByVM,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way. We're keen to address your concerns and help to reach an amicable resolution, but we would need more information on what's happened and what you'd like our help with in order to do that.

If you change your mind, please do let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!