Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor Customer Service

I have been dealing with the Bereavement and Critical Illness Team to arrange transfer of account to wife of deceased account holder (my sister). As she was re-joining as a new customer, Engineer called on Wednesday 20th May to install which all went perfectly, but unfortunately there is a problem with the phone line (number) and I have to tried to speak to the Team today to resolve it. The person who picked up the call in India told me that he would not put me through because the Bereavement Team have refused point blank to take my call. I am absolutely appalled at being told this. I have had absolutely no problems with the Bereavement Team, in fact they have been wonderful throughout this difficult time. My sister is registered with you as a vulnerable customer and the issue with her telephone needs resolving asap. I've tried to message only to be told to ring 0345 454 1111 (again) which is another call centre in India. Short of snail mail, how can this problem be looked at and resolved quickly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer Service

Hi Hannah82, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry about your recent loss and I do apologise for the experience you've had when trying to sort out the transfer. 

I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide and it is disappointing to learn of instances like this. Our Bereavement team wouldn't be refusing any calls so we'll ensure this is fedback. 

Can you just confirm that this is regarding a cable account? Is there also a mobile account as well?

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

No mobile, just a cable account, thanks.  I was very surprised as I couldn't fault the Team in the way they dealt with everything for my sister. They were very kind and considerate throughout the whole process. The engineer who called was fantastic too so it was a huge shock to have this happen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Hannah82, can you try contacting the bereavement team directly on 0800 952 2302.

They will be happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Robert will speak to them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how you get on Hannah82 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

An update to my complaint.  I was able to speak to the Bereavement and Critical Illness Team yesterday and they immediately set to resolve the issue with my sister's telephone.  Once again they were very understanding and considerate and by the end of the day everything was sorted out with no further hassles.  It was a shame that the operator who took my call on Friday didn't have the same level of compassion or professionalism that the Bereavement Team has had and shown throughout this difficult time. I have been assured that this incident will be looked into. I hope that VM can ensure that further training is given to make sure someone else doesn't encounter the same lack of empathy.  Thank you Emma and Rob for escalating this issue for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us Hannah82, we're more than happy to help at an already difficult time. We're just happy this has now been fully resolved for you.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Stay Safe

Rob

0 Kudos