cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stalled complaint - or is CISAS the only option?

dmchapman
Tuning in

Hi,

Bit of a last resort plea. Please don't tell me to call, I've been doing that for weeks. Logged over 5 hours of calls over at least 13 calls in last couple of weeks alone, and this have been ongoing since May.

On 7th Jan, I spoke to Freddie (not sure of team - he was UK based though) after an engineer visit earlier that day who fingers crossed finally sorted the issue with me being billed hundreds of pounds a week for test calls that weren't being made by us.

Freddie promised that I would get a call from his manager (Ryan) on Sunday 9th Jan after midday to remove the outstanding 57 quid on the bill, and that he would then call on Monday 10th Jan to discuss closing my complaint ( C-021221227 ), to agree some compensation for VM repeatedly cutting my service (they've agreed this was their fault) and to discuss new packages before I just leave and move to Sky.

Fingers crossed, it does look like this engineer finally sorted the problem (why it's take several visits and more than 6 months is the complaint, and the compensation discussion that was promised).

Suddenly, without any comms I got an email on Sunday at 09:50 saying my complaint has been closed. I also never got the call that was promised from Ryan on the Sunday, and I never got the promised call from Freddie on Monday.

Given I very clearly discussed with Freddie on Friday evening (and earlier that day - call at 11:55 with Richard) that the complaint would not be closed until a) it had been a week without unexpected call charges and b) some compensation had been agreed I don't understand why my complaint was closed without either of those things that had been agreed or why neither of the booked calls have happened.

Can someone from the forum team take a look and let me know what has happened - and arrange for someone from retentions or the resolutions team (I've been talking to them) to call me. Ideally giving me a time slot they will call - I've wasted so many hours waiting for calls that don't happen already. I was promised on 13th Dec (check my account, it's documented on there) in an email from resolutions team that I would have zero bill for Dec and Jan while this was sorted. See attached image - that also seems to have not happened.

VM status 12-01-22.jpg

Failing that, given the complaints process doesn't seem to work I guess I'll just have to escalate to CISAS as clearly something in VM complaints world doesn't work, and once again my complaint has been closed and I don't know why!

Complaint ids are:
C-021221227 (this one appears to be open since 13 Dec, but I've heard nothing. Maybe this one needs kicking?)

C-0701221646 (this one has been closed on 9 Jan, but I've no idea what this one is - internal? I'd appreciate an explanation as to what this complaint even is!)

C-090721974 (original complaint after failing to fix this back in the summer, again closed without my permission, and before the issue was actually resolved)

In the meantime, I've been sent a nice questionnaire suggesting VM would like my feedback, and another email saying my bill will be increasing by £4. Just feel like I should give up, send the tale of woe to the ombudsman and move to sky. Sad after >20 years of great service, but I just can't handle any more of this stress and constantly being sent straight to collections whenever I call the so called "customer service" line. 

Please, please, could I have a call back as you constantly promised and never deliver? I don't actually want to leave, but you sure as hell make staying so painful 😕 I just want to talk to someone about the compensation that's been promised but seems to have not happened, and to find a new deal. Why is this so difficult??

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dmchapman,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing with the crossed telephone line.

I can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, I've replied with the security details as requested.