Menu
CancelMyAccount
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please cancel my account

This is my third attempt to cancel my account. 

I called in on Thursday to cancel and after being transferred between the same 2 departments and being on hold for a few hours I finally got through to someone who said my account would be cancelled by Friday 29th and I'd get a letter confirming this.

Fast forward to this morning, I log in and surprise surprise I have been lied to again. My account is still active, and the online chat informed me that the cancellation had been cancelled (without me being informed of this and why).

I called in again, waited for an hour, got through to someone who I heard breathing for a few seconds then they promptly cut the line (this is the third time of the ~20+ calls I have got through to someone after waiting hours only to immediately be hung up on a few seconds after they pick up).

I need my account cancelled, it is quite simple. 

I was already going to be contacting the ombudsman for an official investigation into the previous lies and treatment I have had, however this is just adding fuel to the fire.

How can I cancel this account without calling in and wasting hours (only to likely be hung up on again)?

Tags (1)
CancelMyAccount
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please cancel my account

PS: I have tried the online chat but they (like everyone on the phone support for Virgin Media) are trigger happy to transfer to another department and nothing ever gets resolved/answered. They also spend 3-4 hours to respond, and if you're not magically there to see the response (which is 9/10 times them asking for verification even though you have already provided verification) then they leave the chat and you have to start again with someone else.

0 Kudos
CancelMyAccount
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My friend has also tried to cancel their Virgin Media subscription this afternoon, 1 hours 45 being passed between departments only to be hung up on.

To anyone else struggling, you can send a recorded letter to Virgin Media to cancel. This is what I will have to do as calling up to cancel is going to be more hours wasted and more lies. Address is here on their website cleverly hidden from the usual generic "help" pages -  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you can't cancel on here.

You need to give 30 days notice so if you called up last week it won't cancel for 30 days from that call

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CancelMyAccount
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You clearly didn't read anything I wrote;

I asked how else to cancel and I said it already had cancelled previously, but my cancellation request itself had been cancelled without my knowledge.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the other way to cancel is in your contract. they one you agreed to so i assume you read it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CancelMyAccount
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as above.

Please read before "helping".

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

bye

0 Kudos