Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please I feel like I am going crazy dealing with customer services!

hi all! so I had a contract with virgin last year and just when it was coming to an end I was moving house and thought oo will sign up again, the customer services was a bit lax last year but what the hell, it can't be that bad again can it, 

big mistake!

you know when you try to look at your pension, and it is literal carnage trying to navigate the website and get it to work you are full of anxiety and pure rage at the uselessness of the website?? well that's how I feel dealing with virgin, so now I have two companies that drive me utterly crazy!

totally appreciate it is a busy time, but from day one of set up there has been issue after issue and the only way to solve it is to phone...which at the moment takes hours!

I got told when I was signed up all was sorted, it wasn't, but eventually, after several messages and about 4 phonecalls it was. I had my first direct debit go out, or I paid it online....not sure which, which is really annoying! because now it appears I don't have a DD set up, I have been charged £7.50, paid two months in one go,  probably dented my credit score, and yeah learned not to listen to anyone saying 'yep its all set up' ever again!

so I've learned my lesson, can I set up a direct debit? no, no I flipping cant!! the website goes round in circles and trying to get a paper mandate it crashes, I have raised a complaint as I've had non-stop issue since I signed up again and haven't heard a peep, pretty please I am praying to the internet gods, can someone help me? it should not be this hard to give a company money!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please I feel like I am going crazy dealing with customer services!

Hi felicity0118,

You can set up a Direct Debit and manage your account online by registering or signing in to My Virgin Media at the top of the page and clicking on My Bills.

You can also set up a new Direct Debit  from the My Virgin Media app. 

I can't get the link on the VM website to work to download the app, but if you have an android then try here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virginmedia.myvm 

or if on IOS search the app store for My Virgin Media

EDIT this working page has the links to download the app on IOS and android https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/my-virgin-media-app 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi felicity0118, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the direct debit set up, this can only be done if there is a £0.00 balance on the account. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya! 
I’m afraid all of the above doesn’t work, the app takes you to the website (my bills) which keeps refreshing and even the paper mandate bit doesn’t work 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oo also account balance is currently 0, it seems to be a website error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi felicity0118

I'll PM you now to sort this out

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos