cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan coming to an end

raymie440
Joining in

Got an email saying my current package is coming to an end. Not happy with the price it is increasing to. I rarely use my home phone or the TV, really just want to keep broadband. Am I better staying with Virgin or moving to Plus Net or the like.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @raymie440 

It sounds like your current contarct has a discount which will be ending soon. You are also likely to be affected by the upcoming annual price increase which will hit most customers on either 1st April or 1st May (it's been phased in so as to try to diminish the amount of calls VM will receive to a more manageable level) 

The majority of ISP's, including Plusnet are also increasing their prices. Their's are going up by 10% CPI + 3.9% = 13.9% Price rise

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate/cancel the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours, probably longer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @raymie440 

It sounds like your current contarct has a discount which will be ending soon. You are also likely to be affected by the upcoming annual price increase which will hit most customers on either 1st April or 1st May (it's been phased in so as to try to diminish the amount of calls VM will receive to a more manageable level) 

The majority of ISP's, including Plusnet are also increasing their prices. Their's are going up by 10% CPI + 3.9% = 13.9% Price rise

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate/cancel the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours, probably longer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That's true, but the smaller ISPs aren't all playing "Fleece the Customer By As Much As We Can" which the larger ISPs are.  Zen Internet offer fixed prices over the life of the fixed term contract, my own ISP Aquiss have me on a fixed price for twelve months.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @raymie440

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your upcoming price change, we are not able yo assist with package changes via the forums but we would be more than happy to take a look for you via our customer service number 0345 454 1111 as recommended by our community team. 

Please do reach out to the team and they will do all they can to resolve this for you.

Thank you