cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed order 07/09 only to find out there is an issue with it ?

Elwislo
Joining in

Hi there
I have placed an order with Virgin tempted by great price and Internet speed on 07/09 selecting the installation date of 29/09. Received 2x emails: "Your Virgin Media Order" as well as "Virgin Media Order Documents" that contained the pre-contract etc. As I have not heard back re confirmation of my installation or when my router will be sent, I thought I'd check on my order only to find out that it is on "hold" as they are having an issue applying the price they offered? I guess the person was trying to comfort me by saying all customers who opted in for the exact bundle we chose have their orders on hold (no, that did not make me feel better!) and that they are waiting for some approvals re the price and I should call back at 4pm. As my mind started spinning, I started looking up the company in more detail (I knew they didn't have good reviews but neither does our current provider and I do not mind them that much - just their Internet speed is limited which is the reason we are leaving). To my horror, it seems to be a regular occurrence with VM that they cannot honour the price they offer and customers either end up being offered inferior deals or cannot go ahead with what they ordered. The worst part is, we have not been told for 12 days there was a problem as otherwise I would have come up with plan B. At this point I have little hope that VM will actually solve my issue so I am hoping someone working for them will be able to help ... Otherwise we will have to call back our current provider and ask for a better deal and cancel Virgin which is not great. 

Did anyone with a similar issue have it actually resolved to their satisfaction? Or there is no chance I will get the deal I was offered so best to cancel when I call back ? My order number VM1368474919.

Thanks ! 

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Elwislo, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about the bad start we've got off to.

Is the order one hold to due to the pre install  part of it at all? Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi there !

From what I heard the order is on hold as they were unable to apply the price I was offered through the website and is currently sitting with someone for approval. 

No install has been mentioned at this point as technically the order never materialized on your end which makes me think if I hadn't called, the engineer would have never shown up and i would have never received the equipment for installation as it's treated as if the order didn't exist.

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear this @Elwislo 

I'm going to send you a Private Message so we can take a closer look. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.