Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Payment plan essay, sorry

◦ Please don’t think the following is a “Poor old me tale” because really it’s not. I have come home now to self isolate, as I have been staying with friends convalescing after yet another stint in hospital. Through my own fault and I take complete ownership of the situation, my broadband and phone service has been suspended because I’m £20 over my credit limit. I haven’t been able to keep up with any of my bills whilst in hospital as my PIP was suspended whilst I was admitted. I don’t have tv at home and mainly watch news and stuff on my laptop. I’m trying to do this now with my mobile phone hot spot which not only heats the phone up but Is slow and keeps crashing. My carer is also self isolating so I have no other company apart from social media and iplayer etc.
◦ Unfortunately my bill is 174.00 because it includes installation and 2 months charges.
◦ I desperately want to stay with Virgin as the broadband is second to none. Is there any way I could make a minimum payment and set up a payment plan, then pay monthly by direct debit?
Apart being physically disabled after suffering sepsis loosing total use of one arm, I've been HiV positive for 34 years (all of my adult life), After my episode of sepsis which was caused after being beaten and left for dead by an ex partner, shattering my left arm  and me undergoing  several operations to re-build it, I then contracted a mystery bug which was similar to salmonella but the medics couldn't and still can't Identify it. All this culminated in me becoming resistant to my HIV medication and I was told last January I had  developed full blown AIDS. After 34 years of battling against my HIV  and loosing two partners and my very best  friend to AIDS related illnesses, my brain just went into ove drive and I began to suffer bouts of confusion.and depression, I was hospitalised in February/ this year with severe confusion and until now ive had my fizzy head buried in the sand, hoping my bills would go away, which of course they haven’t. They are not desperately huge and I have only utility bills which I’ve had a similar conversation with and they have arranged for me to pay a small amount on top of my bill (which is only £39 electric one month) in arrears and Water £40 one month in arrears also.
I will have my payments resumed on Wednesday the 8th of this month, but in the meantime, if the minimum payment to get my service reinstated isn’t too much, I can borrow it off my family.
Sorry for the essay. I’m never late with bills because I’ve never been in this situation financially before.
Can Virgin Media help?
Kind regards
Mike Burns

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Payment plan essay, sorry

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

This is the best way to contact the customer service team to get this arranged.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos