Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Paying too much

Been with Virgin Media for 17 years, Currently on 50mbps package with phone line.

Paying just over £52 a month, New customers are being offered 213mbps for just £32 a month moving onto £54 a month after a 12 month contract.

I phoned the customer services line to be told there was no option for a 'discount', and proceeded to to tell me about 'upgrades'... He kept going on saying that I wanted the 213mbps package and would cost us between £50 and £54 (For what ever reason couldn't state an actual price), But I feel like this was just a ploy to enrol us onto a higher package (bonus maybe?)

Can someone advise if what he was saying about 'no discounts available' was true?

I've called up in the past and been given much better deals, but now a few years later no one wants to honour a long time customer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying too much

Its unusual to get a discount unless you speak to cancellations, im guessing you didnt ask to cancel the service
I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've never resorted to that tactic in the past because the teams used to be useful and always helped out previously.
Is it a suggestion to try and play that game?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its the person on the phones job to extract as much money from you as possible, its the cancellation teams job to retain you even if it means to offer you a discount
I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos