Menu
Highlighted
setmefree
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paying for a phone line never provided

So for close to 5 years now I have been with Virgin. When the service was first provisioned no phone line was activated, the reason being a "lack of capacity". Which was fine but this means that once a year I had to phone Virgin to get this part of the monthly bill refunded.

But when I last phoned a few months ago I was told (by someone reading a script in an offshore call center) that I would not be refunded because I should have reported the phone line as faulty. No amount of explaining could convince the very rude operator that there was no fault, but rather no service, and that Virgin has issued several refunds in this respect in the past.

Two subsequent calls, connected me to much more polite operators in the UK. But the outcome was the same. I was essentially blamed for this and requests to speak to a manager or a senior manager failed. I was eventually told on the last call that someone would call me back, at some indeterminate time in the future. Which of course is perfectly fine to Virgin, but not to me.

So I wonder, what would be the next step to get someone to take this seriously? Or do I just give up, and never ever knowingly use any service in any business bearing the Virgin name? After all, life is literally just too short.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for a phone line never provided

wait for VM to comment but a couple of things - i am surprised you got a refund - yes you have not had the phone line but the way VM price packages if you drop the phone from the package the price is likely to rise - just the way they do package discounts

that does not negate the fact they should have resolved the problem

offers of call backs are mostly their way of ending the call when they are lost or have no answer - the call back never happens

but with the history that you have and the previous refunds see if the staff here can help

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for a phone line never provided

Hi setmefree,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I do apologise for any frustration caused when discussing your landline (or lack thereof) with our support teams.

It's disappointing to learn that we've had a landline capacity issue in your area for quite some time, I can certainly appreciate the resulting inconvenience if you intended to use this service. We have recently begun a campaign to switch a large number of our customers onto our 21st Century Voice service, which provides your landline via our broadband (VOIP). Would this option be feasible for you?

I must admit, I would be inclined to agree with tony in this situation. As one of our many customer rewards, we do offer discounts to those who take out more services. The more products you have with us, the greater discount you would find on your account. This means that you would usually pay less overall for a bundle which includes a phoneline than if we removed it and charged out-of-bundle costs.

It sounds like we may have previously offered credits as a partial refund as a gesture of goodwill. I'm afraid this is not a guarantee to offer further credits in the future.

Your best bet for negotiating the best price available to you would always be to speak with us on 150 / 03454541111. It looks like we have completed the promised callbacks but you've been unable to arrange a deal which you feel suits your needs. It would be a real shame to lose you as a customer, please let us know if you'd like us to take another look at what offers can be applied to your account.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos