Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Paying an old price for broadband

I seem to be paying a very inflated price for braodband.

I currently have 200mb and I am paying £54.95.

New custmers are currently offered £33 that will then increase to £44 after 12 months. So my price seems very unfair even for an old customer.

In the past I was always offered speed boost every time the the pricing structure change not had one of these since the release of 200mb.

I have tried to negociate a couple of times over the phone been offered a couple of pound of and its very insulting.

I do like the product and I don't wish to change and I feel like they have me over a barrel.

At the moment there is no alternative for cable broadband but soon toob will be coming to southampton offering £25 for 900mbs. So hopefully soon there light at the end of tunnel.

Are there actualy any options here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying an old price for broadband

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried this route as well and got no where.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think that there's plenty of evidence in these forums and elsewhere that VM don't intend to play the discount game like they used to, and whilst that will ultimately have to change, it may not change for months or even a couple of years.

So I'm afraid your options are:

1) Pay the full rate, but be able to leave at a months notice.

2) Accept the insulting discount and be locked in for another year.

3) Investigate your alternative options for a new ISP. 

If you decide to leave, I suggest you get the new ISP connected and working BEFORE cancelling VM.  That'll mean you pay for two connections during the overlap, but ensures that you're not left without connectivity if the new connection is delayed or has problems.  Also, if you want a TV package your choices are limited to big 'n' crap companies, but if you want phone and broadband, investigate smaller ISPs like AAISP, Aquiss, uno, IDNet, and Zen Internet.  Customer service and tech support is far better from those companies.  Whoever you choose, read up on sites like Trustpilot before committing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£54 is the correct amount for the 200mb package. You won't get the new customer price as you are not a new customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£54 is actualy the 300mb price

£44 is the 200mb price after the offer period 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, I had included a phone line. The price should be £47 for 200 or £52 for 350. You should be able to negotiate a little off then.

0 Kudos