Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pause Contract during lockdown

I want to pause my account as I have moved in with family for the Coronavirus lockdown so will not use my tv or broadband for the duration of the lockdown. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pause Contract during lockdown

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM's public position is that you can't do this for any reason, never mind the current emergency. You either cancel or pay in full. Of course this might change, but frankly I doubt it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Cancel it is then 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sky and bt aren't offering the option either. sports pausing/extra data/removal of data caps are the only options across all 3 providers.

interesting to see that sky have stopped all engineer visits until 1 june. anyone trying to jump ship will be disappointed further.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes it’s incredibly unfair that they are profiting from a global pandemic. I won’t be the only one in this unavoidable position and they are cashing in on it. I can’t even cancel because I can’t get through on the phone lines. Will be cancelling as soon as this is over and NEVER using virgin again. 

0 Kudos