Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Parking

I would like to report dangerous park, this has been happening for some time but has caused a near miss for me on a few occasions, the dangerous parking is happening on the junction of Bryan's Way and Wimblebury Road WS12 0HX every evening and some days (today included), there are 2 Virgin Media vans parked approx 5 Mts from the junction, I believe the drivers live in the first house in Wimblebury Road next to where they are parked. Is there something you can do please. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Parking

are the vans illegally parked?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've stated only approx 5 Mts from junction

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

in which case you may find you get a more satisfactory response by reporting it to your local police via the non-emergency number. they can then issue the appropriate ticket if it continues to happen.

or maybe even leave a polite note left on their windscreen to alert them to the issue.

any respone from a virgin rep here will most likely say they will pass on to the area managers etc, but in reality nothing will be done. but for that to happen you would, at least, need to provide the registration numbers of the vans.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Upsetresident wrote:

Yes I've stated only approx 5 Mts from junction

AFAIUI  that's not illegal.  We have a similar issue where local hospital employees park on either side of our street within 5m of the main road junction.  They are rightly avoiding the NHS employees parking tax.

We (residents group) have had discussions with the council and they have extended the double yellows into our "estate"  by a couple of meters, but that's all they were prepared to do.  If there is no double yellow its not illegal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I never said it was illegal, I said it was dangerous

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the highway code have got it wrong then 

Rule 243

DO NOT stop or park:

• near a school entrance
  • anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
  • at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
  • on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
  • opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
  • near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
  • where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
  • where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
  • in front of an entrance to a property
  • on a bend
  • where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You were asked whether they were illegally parked (message 2) and you replied "Yes" in message 3.

I would say that you said it was illegal - but then again I have no legal qualification 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Upsetresident wrote:

Looks like the highway code have got it wrong then 

Therein lays the rub.... its the Highway Code - and not the Highway Law.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't got anything sensible to say just do one, there are enough idiots round here parking their vans

0 Kudos