Menu
Apjw23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Parents had virgin under my name, credit problems

Hi, 

When I was in college my parent had put virgin media under my name back in 2015, in 2019 I had letters saying I owed virgin £113 when I was in uni so I spoke to them and they told me to pay it off, so I did.

I am now looking for a mortgage and got my credit report where I have this entire mess on there. Is there a way to get this put on there reports? The only proof I can think of is that the payments weren't from my bank and that there was payments for September to December 2018 but I'd moved out in August.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Parents had virgin under my name, credit problems

Consider discussing the matter with Citizen Advice to see if there is any basis for such a correction to your credit file; IMHO it is likely that by having accepted the debt and settled it there is no basis on which to dispute the credit report data.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if the account was in your name its your account. It doesn't matter who pays for it or what address its at.

If you had an account signed up in your name your legally the account holder. If the account was not paid its your credit file at risk.

If payments were missed its correct that it would end up on your credit file
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apjw23, 

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear a missed payment from years ago has now effected your credit, 

You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

• Name
  • Account Holders Name
  • Full Address where you had the services
  • A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file
  • Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

• By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
  • Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos