cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaged changed after sales call

SpikeB1
Joining in

Hey,

is it normal for the package to be changed without a sales person warning that you'll lose channels. I had a call about renewing my package and after a 25 minutes I thought I'd gotten an upgrade to my broadband to M500, an O2 sim (that I don't need) and a slight price increase after I said I mostly used streaming. I thought I was getting a deal as (yeah I know) as it was less than the £9 price increase I was told I was getting, although I'm still within the first 18months of my contract.

I get home only to find that my tv package has been changed to Mixit and I'd lost the Drama and Documentary package I was on. I don't watch much TV but the few programs I did watch happened to be in that package.

So I phone support, after another lengthy call got told I'd be contacted by the agent and their supervisor has said I would get those channels back but so far nothing. Now I know it's only been a day but I wasn't even given the option to roll it all back and cancel the changes as I'm still within the cancellation period and I could go back to the original package.

tbh I normally review any changes to a contract before agreeing so I thought I'd have a few days to review the change and agree to it but it seems it was done immediately.

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SpikeB1 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you had channels removed without being advised first. Your contract that we sent should have advised of this change, but any changes should have been confirmed with you to agree to the package and contract. 

Can you advise when the agent said that they would call you back to resolve? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

They just said the agent would have to be the one that processed the change and they would contact them to get back in touch. no time frame.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SpikeB1 

Thanks for your response

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs